Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Members Trip Reports > Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Unread 21 Sep 16, 05:18 AM  
Link to this Post
disneyangel
Excited about Disney

The only disneyland only attraction I would avoid is the submarine . It's an extremely slow loader and really the ride is not worth it
disneyangel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
let's see DLRP on its 25th anniversary
Unread 23 Sep 16, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
nanasamboy
slightly serious Dibber

Update

So we got the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour booked! Hurrah! I had a very stressful hour or so, but we got the time slot we wanted - the second at 10.30 am.

I couldn't find what time the phonelines opened, so aimed for 8 am. Last time I phoned Disneyland, I had an extra 15 on my bill. Eek! So wanted to make sure I didn't have to phone too many times. But got to 7.50 am (LA time) and panicked, so dialled. I figured at worst, the automated recording would tell me what time the line opened. When I dialled, it answered and said there was a queue of at least 15 minutes. I panicked and hung up. Then realised if there was a queue already, I'd probably miss out on tickets. So called right back and was on hold for 12 minutes, when someone cut me off. I was sooooo maddd! I tried ringing another twice and both were cut off. GRAAAAHHHHH! So phoned again and waited in the queue for about 17 minutes before someone answered.

Luckily there were tickets left and we had the choice of the 9.30 am or 10.30 am. I went for the 10.30 am, to make sure we had enough time after our 8.10 am breakfast reservation.

So once everything was booked and confirmed, I asked very nicely whether I'd be able to book for the following day too and explained that I was calling from the UK and that it had taken me 5 attempts to speak to someone. She was really apologetic and said no, I'd have to call back. Was worth a try! I normally stay on the line and do the survey afterwards, but I hung up as quickly as possible, knowing how much my bill would be.

I made the mistake of looking up how much calls to the states from my mobile are and worked out I'm gonna have an extra 51.50 on my bill. Wouldn't have been so bad if I hadn't got cut off on the second call though

My lovely friend Corey lives in Canada (and featured in my Florida report) and offered to call to book tomorrow for me as it'd be massively cheaper for her. Then she suggested Skype. SKYPE! Why didn't I think of that today?! I tried to call the number to see if I could wangle it for free, but the app said I'd need a 3.99 credit. That I can do!

So tomorrow I'll try calling from the Skype app! And if that doesn't work out, I can always dial and remortgage my house to pay for the phonebill.

Will update again tomorrow to let you know how I get on

Sam
nanasamboy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Orlando Attractions