Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Members Trip Reports > Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Unread 6 May 19, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Sprinkling Pixie Dust

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Originally Posted by mitch84 View Post
Im not planning on booking shore excursions. The only specific thing I was really keen to do was the Flam railway, but it is booked up direct already. I think I will just get off the ship as early as possible, and see if I cant get a spot.

I will probably do the Funicular in Bergen and walk back down, and then just walk around Stavanger and Alesund. I do like a museum so maybe head there
We just kept trying online and managed to get tickets the day before - and there were 8 of us! We were chatting with a few who were literally straight off the ship as we docked and they all managed to get tickets - hope you manage to as I love the journey
Melanie R is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Adventures on Ventura
Unread 6 May 19, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Mobile

Originally Posted by Melanie R View Post
We just kept trying online and managed to get tickets the day before - and there were 8 of us! We were chatting with a few who were literally straight off the ship as we docked and they all managed to get tickets - hope you manage to as I love the journey
Ive read that a lot so I am hopeful. Obviously just me so hopefully they can slot me on.
There was availability for 8am but I just dont know how early we will be docking so didnt want to risk it as it is 50 or so
I am dead keen so ill be up and off
Unread 6 May 19, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Lizzim View Post
Have you looked at split ticketing for the trains?
Im not really sure what that means? I go the 4th June so it is soon and only has first or last thing available and I dont have port times
Unread 6 May 19, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Im not really sure what that means? I go the 4th June so it is soon and only has first or last thing available and I dont have port times
So there is a website Split Ticketing which checks if your journey can be made cheaper by buying tickets in segments rather than the whole journey.

Take a look and see if it saves anything. It isn't advance prices so timing shouldn't matter.
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 6 May 19, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Lizzim View Post
So there is a website Split Ticketing which checks if your journey can be made cheaper by buying tickets in segments rather than the whole journey.

Take a look and see if it saves anything. It isn't advance prices so timing shouldn't matter.
Will look now, thankyou very much x
Unread 13 May 19, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Originally Posted by Melanie R View Post
Good news, because of your message, I kept trying, and I had success... So thankyou.
There were 2 better times available, one was 9am ish, but I went for 1.35pm, getting back to Flam 3.40pm. The cruise itinerary says arrive early morning, leave early evening, so I'm hopeful of it being ok time wise.
Fingers crossed xx

It cost 590nok which says its 51.92 but we'll see when it clears my account. Its the only thing I'm booking in advance, everything else will be nice and cheap hopefully, as I've only allowed myself 200 port money, of which over a quarter has just gone
Unread 13 May 19, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

We visit Stavanger in June and even though weve been before we had planned to just wander around but then I noticed that this place is a short bus ride away.

Its called Sverd i Fjell, the site of an ancient battle. Its on the no 16 bus route (Nkr 37 each way) and takes about 15 minutes to get there. Outbound buses depart 12 and 42 mins past the hour and return at 08 and 38 mins past the hour. Were going to give it a go.
kolumbus.no/en/
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 13 May 19, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

There were 2 better times available, one was 9am ish, but I went for 1.35pm, getting back to Flam 3.40pm. The cruise itinerary says arrive early morning, leave early evening, so I'm hopeful of it being ok time wise.
Fingers crossed
The port of Flam has your ship arriving at 08.45 and departing 17.30.
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Attraction Tickets