Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 19 Jan 20, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Picklepuppy
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile Legoland

I’m watching a video from the frugal Brit (seems to have started doing Orlando reviews) about legoland and I’m trying to decide whether it’s worth a trip. The one over here is awful and run down, is the Florida one worth a trip? We have a 9yo and 5yo just wondering if they will get much out of it. There doesn’t seem to much to do, is there a splash area like the Windsor one? TIA
Picklepuppy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Our 2and 3year old Gds loved it last year it I'd say 9 year old would be board we only went as we got free resident tickets and it's about 15 mins from us
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Picklepuppy
Being a bit Goofy

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
Our 2and 3year old Gds loved it last year it I'd say 9 year old would be board we only went as we got free resident tickets and it's about 15 mins from us
That’s what I’m thinking, especially as she’s really tall for her age and loves thrill rides. I think my 5yo would love it but maybe we’ll give it a miss
Picklepuppy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
johnmcmaster
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We went for a day in May 2017 and nearly had the park to ourselves. Felt really empty compared to Disney. Went straight on most rides, bar the Ninjago one that was about a 15 min wait, which seemed an eternity. Has a really cheap deal from Travel Republic for £25 per head. For a 14 day pass. Only went once as had free run of the place.
johnmcmaster is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
itz_baseline
Excited about Disney

We went a couple of years ago when we got free tickets whilst booking 14 Disney tickets. We weren’t that impressed with it. It was ok for free but I would have been really disappointed had we paid full price entry.
itz_baseline is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordie Al
Imagineer

Originally Posted by itz_baseline View Post
We went a couple of years ago when we got free tickets whilst booking 14 Disney tickets. We weren’t that impressed with it. It was ok for free but I would have been really disappointed had we paid full price entry.
Likewise. One of the reasons we have been with the then free tickets was before it was Legoland it was Cypress Gardens which is where we got married. Parts of the Gardens still remain including the wedding gazebo which made it worthwhile for us.
However the Legoland area for us is very much 'meh' and would say IMHO there are a number of better things to do or visit during your stay
Old 20 Jan 20, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyIrishMama
Gone all Goofy

We got cheap tickets so decided we will go and check it out, we had a 2,4 and 9yr old

The youngest loved it but its VERY babyish and only ok! 9year old wasnt impressed at all. Its a bit out of the way too.

In a nutshell we wont be returning this year.

DLP-2007
WDW-2009,2012,2018,2020
DisneyIrishMama is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
El Duderino
Gone all Goofy

We had a great day there last year. Wasn't too busy and so was a very welcome change of pace. There are a lot of rides and plenty to do. My kids were 7, 3 and 6 months at the time and all had lots of fun.
With the ages of your kids you would focus only on certain areas but there is still plenty to do. (all the lego movie world area, ninjago, coastersaurus, flying school, 2 other coasters, the lego friends ride, miniland) - would say these are good for all ages.

Its a case of having time and fancying a less busy park day then its good fun. If you'd rather have the extra day elsewhere and save the money then do that.
El Duderino is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 11:54 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsmickey
Very Serious Dibber

I’m surprised by the comments here. It’s so much better than Windsor; it’s looked after, the park itself is pretty and feels clean. The wait times are good compared to Windsor. It has several mid size coasters and it’s a good day if you need a break from the long queues. If your 9yo is a big thrill seeker they may be bored, but if they’re not for the big thrills it should work well. If you’re looking for a cheap meal after there’s steak and shake just up the road too. Can’t remember a separate splash zone as there’s a separate water park.
mrsmickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List