Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Members Trip Reports > Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Unread 6 Sep 18, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Lolly90
Excited about Disney

What We've Booked (Part 2) -

Time for the exciting part! These are all of the tickets/attractions we have booked in advance.

Oahu

Pearl Harbor/Battleship Missouri Memorial

One of the main reasons we chose Oahu was for the chance to visit this site. I think it will be very interesting and I'm sure we'll learn a lot.

We have pre-booked our time for the USS Arizona Memorial, for $3 and have also booked tickets for the Battleship Missouri Memorial, for 45.15 ($58).

Kualoa Ranch Tour

The only other thing we have booked for our time in Oahu, is a tour of the Kualoa Ranch. I'm really looking forward to seeing where they filmed Jurassic Park, Lost and the new Jumanji.

We booked the 90 minute movie tour, for 73.47 ($96.24).

Kauai

Mauna Loa Helicopter Tour

Seeing the Na Pali coast from the air, seems to be the most recommended thing to do on Kauai, so for me this was a must.

We booked a 1 hour "doors off" helicopter tour through Mauna Loa and all of their tours are private, which is quite nice. Total cost was 526.40 ($689).

Na Pali Sunset Dinner Cruise

This cruise will give us the chance to see the Na Pali coast from the sea, as well as a lovely dinner.

We booked the 4 hour Star Na Pali Sunset Dinner Cruise with Captain Andy's, for 261.72 ($339.22).

Kauai Backcountry Zipline

I've wanted to go Ziplining for a while but never have, so I thought this would be the perfect opportunity and the scenery here looks amazing. The experience lasts around 3 hours, includes 7 ziplines and ends with snacks and the chance for a swim in a natural pool.

We booked this through Kauai Backcountry Adventures, for 212.49 ($275.42).

Smith Family Garden Luau

This will be our first time in Hawaii, so we couldn't not do a luau. The Smith Family one has amazing reviews & this is something I'm really looking forward to doing.

Total cost was 150.92 ($196), which I thought was pretty good with dinner & drinks all included.

Wailua River Kayak

The final thing we have booked for our time on Kauai, is a kayaking tour along the Wailua River. I think this will be quite a relaxing experience and the scenery looks beautiful.

The tour lasts for 4.5 hours and includes a hike to Secret Falls. We booked through Kayak Wailua for 82.52 ($106).

So that's everything we have booked and I think that's all we need to book in advance.

I'm hoping I haven't planned in too much but as it's our honeymoon I wanted to do things we'd never done before and fit in as much as we can

I'm still working through the rest of our day to day plans but will post these soon!
Lolly90 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Canadian Rockies!
Unread 6 Sep 18, 11:50 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

You will definitely have to collect your luggage and recheck it at LAX, I'm afraid (because it's your first US port of entry)
Unread 7 Sep 18, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Lolly90
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
You will definitely have to collect your luggage and recheck it at LAX, I'm afraid (because it's your first US port of entry)
Thats what I thought but weve never flown indirect on the way there before. Definitely hoping we have enough time then
Lolly90 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Canadian Rockies!
Unread 7 Sep 18, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Mary A
Imagineer

Mary A's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Loving your updates!

First visit 1989, last visit March 19. Next holiday Washington, Key West & Orlando May 20. Planning Hawaii for March 21
Mary A is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Sep 18, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
donna252
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Love the plans and your countdown is getting so small!not that Im wishing your holiday away but I cant wait to read all about it!

AoA/Royal Pacific Oct/Nov 2014 New York Aug 2015 SSR/Cabana Bay/RPR/Polynesian March 2016 DLP June 2016 Las Vegas March 2017 DLP July 2017 Vero beach/Yacht Club Oct 2017 DLP March 2018 New York Dec 2018 DLP July 2019
donna252 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Take 4
Unread 26 Sep 18, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
TigerLily8
Getting Excited

Congratulations on your wedding! You look absolutely beautiful! :-)

I will be following with interest - Hawaii is right at the top of my bucket list too, hoping to get there in 2020! Thanks for sharing with us all x

EDIT: Also how did I NOT know Jurassic Park was filmed on Oahu? It's one of my favourite films ever! Even more reason to go!

Edited at 08:54 AM.
TigerLily8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote