Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Community > DIBBing > Polls
Forgotten Password?
Notices
View Poll Results: upgrade to 1 bedroom OKW or not?
Stick with studio 2 11.76%
Go for 1 bedroom 15 88.24%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 20 May 19, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
sully301
VIP Dibber

stick with OKW studio or upgrade to 1 bed

DH, DS and I are off to WDW in September - we have a studio booked. DS is 20 and i'm a bit worried about us being in one room. It will be roughly 1200 for 15 nights to upgrade. Common sense says suck it up and use the money for spends, the other part of me says just do it. i keep going round in circles!
Feb 2003 Animal Kingdom Lodge, April 2003 Villa - Indian Ridge, June 2003 All stars music, Nov 2003 Old Key West Resort, Dec 2003 Coronado Springs & Polynesian, Aug 2007 Pop Century, Aug 2011 Old Key West Resort, Dec 2012 Port Orleans FQ & Bay lake towers,
Sep 2016 All stars sports, Sep 2019 Old Key West Resort, Aug 2020 Coronado Springs.
sully301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
It's on the list tour
Unread 20 May 19, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
VIP Dibber

I would personally upgrade. A 1 bed is much more comfortable, particularly at OKW. You get a large room to relax in, full kitchen (get an Instacart delivery in for breakfast etc), nice to sit around and relax in. But I like space- I had a 2 bed for 4 of us last year at Boardwalk. But for me it is well worth it and improves the holiday immesurably. Also a washer and dryer in the room- easily take home clean clothes without having to cart it to the laundry room. You will probably never want to go back to studios again if you do it though.

Edited at 09:06 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Coast2Coast incl Grand Cali+Copper Creek
Unread 20 May 19, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

If you can get the 1 bed you won't be disappointed, full kitchen for snacks or a quick breakfast well worth it.
jdouds is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
BACK AGAIN
Unread 20 May 19, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
VIP Dibber

I'd also add- 80 a night is actually quite a good deal, a 1 bed will cost a DVC owner in points more or less exactly twice the points of a studio. Also DVC will charge US cash guests a lot more usually. You could not rent the points from an owner for anything like that to cover the upgrade cost- great deal.

Edited at 09:09 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Coast2Coast incl Grand Cali+Copper Creek
Unread 20 May 19, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
TartanTink
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I would do the upgrade the difference in size of room is huge plus you get a full kitchen and washer and dryer and large balcony

Tartan Tink
TartanTink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
A Universal Trip this time !
Unread 20 May 19, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

I'm going against the grain and would stick with the studio. The space of a one bed is nice, but it's a lot of money and we don't actually spend too much time in the room anyway. We liked the two bed villa we had at SSR one year, but are just as happy in one room, and there are 4 of us.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip 29th March - 12th April 2017
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana!
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Planning Japan - 2021 birthday surprise!
Unread 26 May 19, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
I would personally upgrade. A 1 bed is much more comfortable, particularly at OKW. You get a large room to relax in, full kitchen (get an Instacart delivery in for breakfast etc), nice to sit around and relax in. But I like space- I had a 2 bed for 4 of us last year at Boardwalk. But for me it is well worth it and improves the holiday immesurably. Also a washer and dryer in the room- easily take home clean clothes without having to cart it to the laundry room. You will probably never want to go back to studios again if you do it though.
I voted 1 bed for all the reasons above
Dr.JumbaJookiba is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 27 May 19, 07:17 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

We are quite happy in a studio but we Got an upgrade to a one bed last year and I cant deny its fabulous to have the space. But I think Id rather have that money to spend on treats. If the money isnt going to affect the rest of your trip / plans then of course more space would be nicer.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
I Love the Glitch thread!
Eat and Play Card