Notices

Old 8 Nov 19, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by minnie52 View Post
Ah we saw the restaurant and it looked amazing - would love to try it! Unfortunately we couldn't get in there this trip always a good reason to go back though - and we would definitely make it a must do! I loved the ride.

How exciting that your off to WDW - that will come round so quick with Christmas in between!
Oh that’s a shame! Definitely an excuse 😉 sounds like you enjoyed it then if you want to go back. I loved it - it was such a great trip and we have some amazing memories.
We’re all so excited about going to WDW - 3 months today! It really will fly in with Christmas in between. It took me three years to convince DH he really does want to do it - then we were booking/planning for the last year before we told the kids. Loving all of the trip and food reports for all of the hints and tips
Floridadreams is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 19, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie52
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Floridadreams View Post
Oh that’s a shame! Definitely an excuse 😉 sounds like you enjoyed it then if you want to go back. I loved it - it was such a great trip and we have some amazing memories.
We’re all so excited about going to WDW - 3 months today! It really will fly in with Christmas in between. It took me three years to convince DH he really does want to do it - then we were booking/planning for the last year before we told the kids. Loving all of the trip and food reports for all of the hints and tips
We had a lovely time thank you, like you say, made some amazing memories which is what it's all about - and relatively close! We found the whole journey so easy! I would love to visit again to see the Christmas season - and the summer!
Oh wow how exciting! The reports definitely help get you excited. Whereabouts are you staying? We have actually just booked WDW for the end of next year as a surprise for the kids - no idea how I am going to keep it a secret for that long any tips! Will you be doing a trip report - would love to read along?
DLP Halloween 2021 - Davy Crockett Ranch, DLP Nov 2022 - Les Villages Natures
minnie52 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 19, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

So glad you had a great time. Maybe I need to think about a Christmas trip there at some point too - would love to see the decorations and there’s little chance of getting back to WDW!
It’s really great that you have a WDW trip planned 😆 It was sooo hard keeping it secret. My kids had absolutely no idea though - between me saying there was no way we could afford a trip like that and DH saying he spent enough time in America with work and didn’t want to go back on holidays, we had them convinced. Dd spent most of the year going on about wanting to go too, so it was really hard! It’s much more exciting now they know though! The only thing you can do to help with keeping it secret is to tell as little people as possible, share your plans on here so you get your planning fix, and stick together with your DH taking turns to bat off any thoughts the children might have!
How are you planning to reveal it? I did a Harry Potter treasure hunt around the house and the final clue was a letter inviting them to Hogwarts in Orlando. (We’re doing four nights in Royal Pacific and then 10 nights in Floridays) It was just the best reaction ever - my teenage son who struggles to raise a smile these days 🙄 was beaming from ear to ear. Our daughter gave out such a screech - and took ages to compose herself to read the rest of the letter out loud!
I am toying with the idea of a report. I’ve got so many great tips so far off this site that it’d be good to help others out. But, I’m not sure I can be that dedicated! I’ll see nearer the time!

Edited at 04:15 PM.
Floridadreams is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 19, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie52
Excited about Disney

So glad you had a great time. Maybe I need to think about a Christmas trip there at some point too - would love to see the decorations and there’s little chance of getting back to WDW!
It’s really great that you have a WDW trip planned 😆 It was sooo hard keeping it secret. My kids had absolutely no idea though - between me saying there was no way we could afford a trip like that and DH saying he spent enough time in America with work and didn’t want to go back on holidays, we had them convinced. Dd spent most of the year going on about wanting to go too, so it was really hard! It’s much more exciting now they know though! The only thing you can do to help with keeping it secret is to tell as little people as possible, share your plans on here so you get your planning fix, and stick together with your DH taking turns to bat off any thoughts the children might have!
How are you planning to reveal it? I did a Harry Potter treasure hunt around the house and the final clue was a letter inviting them to Hogwarts in Orlando. (We’re doing four nights in Royal Pacific and then 10 nights in Floridays) It was just the best reaction ever - my teenage son who struggles to raise a smile these days 🙄 was beaming from ear to ear. Our daughter gave out such a screech - and took ages to compose herself to read the rest of the letter out loud!
I am toying with the idea of a report. I’ve got so many great tips so far off this site that it’d be good to help others out. But, I’m not sure I can be that dedicated! I’ll see nearer the time!
I can imagine it would be beautiful at Christmas!

Oh wow what an amazing reveal! And an amazing reaction! So nice you can all share the planning together now though.

Yeah we haven’t told anyone it’s booked yet and plan to keep it quiet as long as possible - I have a feeling I may be posting on here a lot

I’m not sure on a reveal yet - we aren’t going till 27th December 2020 (such a long countdown ) so was planning a reveal around Christmas time! We have just added Universal into our plans though so something Harry Potter themed is likely!
minnie52 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 19, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

I think a Christmas reveal would be awesome! Or even a Boxing Day reveal?!

I would leave a gift in the middle of the room on Christmas night with reveal items in it and tell the girls it must have been hidden by Santa then reveal your leaving that evening, that would be amazing! Xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 19, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie52
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
I think a Christmas reveal would be awesome! Or even a Boxing Day reveal?!

I would leave a gift in the middle of the room on Christmas night with reveal items in it and tell the girls it must have been hidden by Santa then reveal your leaving that evening, that would be amazing! Xx
Oh yes I love this idea! I didn’t even think of a Boxing Day reveal - once the excitement of Christmas Day has calmed down abit! Xx
Old 10 Nov 19, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

I think it would be awesome, if you can pull it off it would be ... I can't contain my excitement and have to tell people though just followed you on Insta btw too xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 19, 12:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

I love the idea of a post Christmas reveal Caitlinsmummy - if you can keep it a secret that long Minnie52 🙈 I don’t think I could!
Old 11 Nov 19, 12:33 AM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

I love the idea of a post Christmas reveal Caitlinsmummy - if you can keep it a secret that long Minnie52 🙈 I don’t think I could!
Yeah I definitely couldn't. I meant to this years May trip a secret from Mr Grump I managed a whole 3 days I think 😂😂 x
Old 11 Nov 19, 12:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Yeah I definitely couldn't. I meant to this years May trip a secret from Mr Grump I managed a whole 3 days I think 😂😂 x
🤣 you just need to share! Well you could just do it at a random time then. We did it the weekend before my sister was heading out so our kids could share in their excitement. But it was also a point when ours weren’t getting on so well and it was a good way to make them work together to find the clues! Is there a way I can share pics on here and I could show you the clues - you could adapt them to fit your kids.