Notices

Old 27 Aug 19, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
arosiem
Excited about Disney

Nowhere Will Compare - Disneymoon October 2020

Welcome to our October 2020 Disneymoon pre-trippie.

I did a mini trippie of our November 2018 trip, and a few people requested I should do a full trip report. I didn’t get round to it for that trip, so I thought I’d do one for this one! So, I’ll get the introductions out of the way with for those of you who don’t know us.

Introductions

Here’s me:

I’m Rosie, 24 (very soon to be 25) trainee solicitor (I know, I know, boo hiss). I’m a huge Disney fan, been to WDW twice before and DLP once. I’m the planner and booker and all round general organiser.
(It’s weird writing about yourself isn’t it? Suddenly I can’t think of anything to write and have convinced myself I don’t do anything of interest at all and I may just be the most boring person on the planet.)

This is Sven:

27, works in IT. He has explained exactly what in IT he does, definitely something with trains (southern rail, again, I know, boo hiss - a right pair aren’t we?!) but as soon as I hear technical language I go into automatic ‘smile and nod’ mode.
Those of you who read my mini trippie will know that he will now be known as FLD (see - funky lookin’ donkey). No, no, I didn’t pick him JUST because he has a Disney related name... promise.
FLD is a Disney convert and his first time to WDW was November 2018. About 3 days into the trip FLD was already saying ‘on our next trip... ’ mission accomplished. *smug face*

The final member of our family is Willow:

Our friendly and loving British short hair. (No really - just she takes after her mum and suffers with RBF - pets that look like their owners!) Willow is 15 years old and has been a bit poorly recently, but her meds seem to be working wonders so fingers crossed for many more years of cracking photos like this!
Willow will not be partaking in this trip. She’s not one to suffer fools and says that us childless millennials shouldn’t be going either and we’re much better suited staying at home loyally pandering to her every whim and eating avocado toast (boke).

Background to our last trip

So, for our last trip we stayed at All Star Music for 3 weeks on the QSDP. We booked a package holiday with virgin after much planning and deciding whether we could actually afford it. I was still at uni when we booked so lots of calculations were made, and eventually we decided we could afford it and, after 4 tortuous years of studying law, I felt like I deserved to return to my happy place!

We planned this trip with the ‘once in a lifetime’ idea in mind. As I’m currently writing a pre-trippie, I’m sure you don’t need help to figure out how that idea has panned out... shall we all laugh at naive, 2017/18 Rosie and FLD? Ready? 3, 2, 1 ... HA!

It was an amazing trip celebrating my graduation. We did so much and definitely caught the bug. Then, to top it off, FLD proposed whilst on the Ferrytale dessert party!

Vomit worthy photos incoming:

I warned you.

I’d link my mini trip report for you guys, but I don’t know how and if I’m honest, can’t really be bothered to figure it out either - work is mental and using my brain more than I have to outside of work is a no-go for me. Seriously, like this is pushing it. It is such an effort and I’m sacrificing my laying in bed doing nothing time to write this. I hope you all appreciate it. You are welcome.

So, we booked again.

After coming back, I’d made my peace with the fact I wouldn’t be returning for years and cracked on with wedding planning and actively avoiding the DIBB.

I really wanted an autumn wedding, so we booked for 1st October 2020. As you can imagine, I’ve been pretty preoccupied.

That is, until people started asking us where we were going on our honeymoon. We had various ideas - Mexico, tour of the Deep South, Iceland. We then settled on winging it and just booking whatever we can get a week or two before going. Oooooh, spontaneous.
We definitely didn’t have a little squeaky voice in the back of our heads saying **disney Disney Disney Disney**

Then - my coworker started asking me about Disney as she wanted to go back, so, being the lovely person I am, I started pricing things up for her. I would like to state right now for the record that in no way did I enjoy doing this and it was an absolute chore. Selfless angel really, aren’t I?

Queue one night about a week ago - me sat in bed binge watching Tim Tracker vids. I don’t know what came over me, but on a video of fireworks I burst into tears (I promise usually I’m a tough cookie - it’s a long running joke in my family that I’m ‘heartless’ (rude))
At that point, FLD looked at me and said ‘that’s it - we’re booking it. We’re going back to disney.’ After a lot (ok, not that much) of discussing and me saying ‘we really shouldn’t’ (again, I probably said this like once and probably reaaallly quietly) - FLD said that while he knows I’ll love wherever we go for our honeymoon, he knows that nowhere will compare to Disney and, well, we only get one honeymoon!

So, that was it. We both checked we could get 3 weeks off work (we already had a week booked off for the wedding) and then - we booked! Yes, I cried again. Duh. (Bye bye tough girl image)

This time, we have decided to book DIY. So, on the 3rd October 2020 we check in at AKL for two weeks.
Both me and FLD have been drooling at this resort since before we booked for our previous trip, but it was too expensive for us - so it feels a bit insane we’ve booked it this time, but, honeymoon right?! We’re both insanely excited and cannot wait.

FLD did fall in love with the wilderness lodge when we had a look round in November, but sadly that is majorly out of our price bracket.

So, that’s my first instalment of our pre-trippie! I’ll keep updating as and when, well, I have updates.

Thanks for reading, and putting up with me this far!

**Update (ish) 15.9.19**

I am currently spending the majority of my free time trying to decide where we want to eat.

For the first time we will be on the DDP (we were on QSDP last time) and so TS is new to us.

The thing is, we like a few non-Disney restaurants and so are planning on doing a few signature restaurants.

Can anyone pleaaaase help?! I’m stuck between yachtsman, narcoossee’s and Citricos and I can’t decide where I’d rather eat. To be fair, we could eat at all three, but there doesn’t seem to be that much variance in the menus to warrant it?

So far we’ve definitely decided on eating at Le Cellier, Ohana, Jiko, Yak & Yeti. I think there’s more - however the cat is currently sat on me and my list is out of reach. So naturally, the cat doesn’t get disturbed. (Am I the only one who will get to the point of being absolutely BURSTING for a wee before even considering moving a sleeping cat from my lap?)

Anyway, please give me lots of food recommendations you lovely lot!

** update 07.01.2020 **

First big update.

So after aaages of watching flight prices, I was coming to terms with the fact that we aren’t going to be able to go. We ideally wanted to fly from Manchester and prices have been insane and just knocked us out of our budget.

FLD wants to fly direct and with virgin - he’s not a good flyer so I sort of have to stick with his flying stipulations.

So, I have a look at work today (totes not on work time...definitely on my lunch. Definitely.) and Manchester prices have gone up to £1,850. Bummer.

So, clinging to my Disneymoon dreams I search for flights from London and booking direct with Virgin LGW - MCO is £1,000! So I start to get excited again. £500 each is the budget I had in mind for flights so it’s bang on, but it’s going to cost us a bit more to get to London so I was a bit unsure.

I then do a little bit of scouring the Dibb, find the wonder that is Netflights and with a helpful tip from Lorna_99 I get the exact same flights for £830! Eeeeeeek!
So I booked straight away. It’s under the budget I had set us, and I’m happy with it - even with having to get to London we won’t come near the Manchester flight prices.
That’s it - we’re definitely going! I’m properly excited now. I’d been stopping myself from getting excited because of how prices have been, but I’m glad I held out. No more looking at flights and goodbye price alerts 😂!

I am still apprehensive, as I think getting to London the day after our wedding is going to be knackering, but it will all be worth it once we step foot on Disney property!

Another little update 23/02/2020:

We’ve been undecided thus far as to whether we want to do universal and buy the full tickets. We’ve still not yet fully decided (I imagine this will end up being booked shortly because I reaaaaally want to ride hagrid) whether to just buy an on the day ticket when there.
We have however, just booked our HHN tickets! Eeeep. We booked through Floridatix, think it was about £68 each with a free night. We did this last time and had plenty of time to get round everything, so we’re really excited to get back there.
I know HHN isn’t everyone’s cup of tea but we thought it was SO much fun and so it was on our must do list this time.

We have also booked our plane seats! We actually booked the going-there seats right after we booked flights, and managed to get the last two bubble seats.
Then last night, laying in bed I suddenly went ‘CRAP. RETURN FLIGHT SEATS!’
And queue the mad panic to get online and book them. Anyone else really struggle with Virgin Atlantic’s website on their phones? It just doesn’t work for me at all!
I actually sent FLD into a bit of a panic - as he’s not a good flyer, it was very important we were sat together, and he really wanted the bubble as he found it a more relaxing environment.
So, get online and we manage, once again, to get the last two seats together!
The honeymoon gods seem to be smiling at us at the minute.

Sorry I’ve been rubbish at updating this. If I’m honest my full planning brain has gone into the wedding, not the honeymoon. I did sit down and do a draft itinerary though, so I will post that hopefully in the next few days.

Update 06/04/2020

So, I’m still clinging to our dreams of an October wedding & disneymoon. Obviously at the minute it’s a long way off and nobody knows what the future will hold but we’re so hoping that everything has calmed down by then.
If not, and we have to rearrange everything - so be it.
Our main concern is that our wedding will get rearranged but flights will be operating.
If that’s the case, then we’ll still go on our holiday as we can’t afford to lose the flight money, however we’ll ask Disney to postpone our booking for a year (potentially losing the DDP - sigh) and try and get a cheap ID hotel. If we do it this way, we won’t be doing Disney and probably not universal either. Which sucks, massively, but we will use it to explore the non-park element of Florida which will be fun.

But, in the wishful-ness that we will still be going ahead, I booked ADR’s today! Eeeeeek.

We managed to get everything we wanted (albeit with a bit of rearranging) and I managed to get it booked whilst working from home (shhhh, don’t tell!) FLD did offer to do it, however in his words ‘I’m clueless and will end up messing it up’
Something not worth risking IMO. 😂

So, we have:

04/10 - BoG lunch/brunch
08/10 - Narcoossee’s
09/10 - Chef Art Smiths Homecomin’
10/10 - Yak & Yeti lunch, Tiffins tea
11/10 - Le Cellier
12/10 - Jiko
13/10 - sci-fi diner lunch (FLD’s request) and ‘Ohana tea

Then I have pencilled in Yachtsman for 16/10 but I couldn’t book that yet.

I have been feeling pretty bummed about the entire situation and doing this this morning has really given me a boost! I get my concerns at the minute are very much minuscule in the grand scheme of things however I’ve poured my heart into planning this wedding and the uncertainty is just disheartening. I am however very aware that no matter what I will get my day & honeymoon eventually so I’m trying to suck it up!

Everybody ready? 1...2...3... ‘get a grip Rosie!’ 😂

Hope you are all coping well and staying safe!

Edited at 01:17 PM. Reason: Update!
arosiem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 08:03 AM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

I am SO glad to see this! Totally over the moon for you and can't wait to follow along ❤️ xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
arosiem
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
I am SO glad to see this! Totally over the moon for you and can't wait to follow along ❤️ xx
Thank you! I’ll have yours to follow before we go so I can steal some ideas haha!xx
arosiem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Aw this is lovely! Happy planning
tink111 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
arosiem
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by tink111 View Post
Aw this is lovely! Happy planning
Thank you! I’ll be updating as and when I get a little further with my planning 😊
Old 28 Aug 19, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by arosiem View Post
Thank you! I’ll have yours to follow before we go so I can steal some ideas haha!xx
Go ahead ... I need to steal yours from the QSDP! xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
arosiem
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Go ahead ... I need to steal yours from the QSDP! xx
Hahaha deal! We can trade 😂xx
Old 28 Aug 19, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

What a great honeymoon you have planned. And with you checking in on the 3rd Oct you will have the DDP (love the Dinning plan) We really enjoy October, the weather is so lovely.

Kat 👍🏻
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
arosiem
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
What a great honeymoon you have planned. And with you checking in on the 3rd Oct you will have the DDP (love the Dinning plan) We really enjoy October, the weather is so lovely.

Kat 👍🏻
Yep! Ideally we would’ve given it a little more time between the wedding and the honeymoon, but the dining plan swung it for us!

Aw that’s good to know! I know November last year was a very hot one but I’ve been reading mixed things about going later in the year - given it’s the beginning of October I’m hoping for the best!
Old 15 Sep 19, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
arosiem
Excited about Disney

Mobile

*Update (ish) 15.9.19**

I am currently spending the majority of my free time trying to decide where we want to eat.

For the first time we will be on the DDP (we were on QSDP last time) and so TS is new to us.

The thing is, we like a few non-Disney restaurants and so are planning on doing a few signature restaurants.

Can anyone pleaaaase help?! I’m stuck between yachtsman, narcoossee’s and Citricos and I can’t decide where I’d rather eat. To be fair, we could eat at all three, but there doesn’t seem to be that much variance in the menus to warrant it?

So far we’ve definitely decided on eating at Le Cellier, Ohana, Jiko, Yak & Yeti. I think there’s more - however the cat is currently sat on me and my list is out of reach. So naturally, the cat doesn’t get disturbed. (Am I the only one who will get to the point of being absolutely BURSTING for a wee before even considering moving a sleeping cat from my lap?)

Anyway, please give me lots of food recommendations you lovely lot!