Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Members Trip Reports > Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos
Unread 9 Jan 20, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 11
Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Good visit to AK. Did you manage to eat all that food from flame tree? I really like the seating area out the back there, it feels like a wee hidden spot.

Storybook... what can I say, we loved it last Christmas but I think at that point it was all new and shiny with a better menu.
We found it not great in the summer and the prime rib on both visits was declared the worst of all the meals. I also thought there because we were with friends and a table of 6 our server couldnt have cared less.

Shame about your headache.
Nope it was huge waste of food really. We shouldn't have ordered it all.

I do think we chose poorly at SBD, I'm prepared to give it another chance, not this year but some day. Perhaps the rib just isn't as good as other items on the menu. There were times when I felt like we had really attentive service even though as a 6 the tip is guaranteed, it's a shame it's so hit and miss.

Currently writing
Yo Ho, A Disney Life for Me - Summer 2020 pre trip

Now complete
The Bare Necessities Summer 2019

Washington DC October 2019

All my old trip reports are here in one place
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
6th time lucky, CBR again
Unread 24 Jan 20, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

What a shame about your headache as it probably didnt help your enjoyment of the meal. Meeting the characters definitely seems to be the highlight. I really need to get over to Wilderness Lodge this year, its always on my to do list but weve never managed it...how exciting Ive used this year in a sentence!
A great last visit to AK, I didnt realise you could do the animation there so thats a must for us the girls loved it when we did it at HS a few years ago.
I could just eat those pulled pork fries and it must be nearly cocktail oclock by now! Happy weekend🍹
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Aruba Jamaica I wanna take u...CBR...
Unread 24 Jan 20, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 11
Mobile

Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
What a shame about your headache as it probably didnt help your enjoyment of the meal. Meeting the characters definitely seems to be the highlight. I really need to get over to Wilderness Lodge this year, its always on my to do list but weve never managed it...how exciting Ive used this year in a sentence!
A great last visit to AK, I didnt realise you could do the animation there so thats a must for us the girls loved it when we did it at HS a few years ago.
I could just eat those pulled pork fries and it must be nearly cocktail oclock by now! Happy weekend🍹
I really want to do the animation class again this year. It was great fun. I'm hoping to build up my repertoire, not that I could draw Pumba again without the imagineer talking me through it.

You could go to dinner at Geyser Point at Wilderness Lodge. Get the boat over from MK, which is great. Geyser Point is a lounge with a view over the lake and it has some good reviews, plus some bad ones, but that does seem to be the way of it with Disney restaurants. Anyway its QS, but it seems like it's really nice. I'm planning it for when we are doing the DVC part of the trip at the end where we have no ddp.

Currently writing
Yo Ho, A Disney Life for Me - Summer 2020 pre trip

Now complete
The Bare Necessities Summer 2019

Washington DC October 2019

All my old trip reports are here in one place
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
6th time lucky, CBR again
ResalesDVC