Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Members Trip Reports > Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports
Forgotten Password?
Notices
My Magic Holiday
Unread 7 Jan 20, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Excited about Disney

Sorry to have taken so long to get back to this! I had all of these grand ideas to update this every few weeks, and now here we are only a few weeks to go 😆
So we did the big reveal a couple of months ago - with a Harry Potter treasure hunt. I spent ages researching clues, finding the right background paper and so on, but it was soooo worth it!
We started by threatening (sorry, encouraging!) our 15 year old son to play along and help his 11 year old sister with the hunt. There may have been a small bit of bribery involved - something along the lines of it will be worth it to you too! 😉 then we gave them a HP style envelope which had the first clue inside.

The first clue led to a wand in our daughters room, the next led to what should have been her robe in the washing pile, but I couldnt find it and had to make do with the Gryffindor scarf that went with it! The next one led to a fluffy Hedwig that was by the fireplace

The fourth clue led to a brush/broom, then a golden snitch in our sons room (can you tell were fans with all of these props just lying around?!) the last clue led to our daughters bed and under her pillow was another envelope with a letter inside

Our daughter seemed to take an age to read the letter, reading the heading and address and so on. But being well trained she did read it out aloud as she realised I was filming it! Then, the biggest grin I have ever seen on our sons face since he became an uncommunicative teenager appeared as he read ahead. And then, the most almighty ear-piercing weird scream noise from our daughter! She kind of did an inhaled scream that went on forever, she began dancing in her chair, feet wiggling and was far too excited to get the rest of the words out! Finally, she calmed down enough to read the important paragraph out loud!
It honestly was fabulous! Im so pleased that we kept it a secret for a while, but then did an elaborate reveal. It was really worth it!
They both then spent some time finding out what plans we have (Ive still kept some secrets, like lunch at Be our Guest!), researching rides and planning FPs and our daughter has become a bit obsessed with snacks - I have no idea where she gets that from 🙈
So the cat is out of the bag, and we are getting excited about our trip all together. Just the small matter of booking FPs from next week (providing our tickets arrive!) and then were off. I do have a rough itinerary so far, which Ill post soon too, along with our ADRs, and then what FPs we have hopefully 🤞
Thanks for reading, and sorry again for the time lapse!

Edited at 02:49 PM.
Floridadreams is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our trip of a lifetime
Unread 7 Jan 20, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Your post describes us (we hadn't even do DLP) . I used to say it was a waste of money. Me and DH weren't into theme parks and now we are true Florida and Disney addicts lol. Hope you enjoy your first trip to WDW but be warned it probably wont be your last

Your reveal sounds amazing what special memories

Edited at 03:08 PM.
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jan 20, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
VIP Dibber

So sorry I've only just found this, all subscribed and following along.

Mr Grump also said we were only going once ... now coming up to our 3rd trip and planning the 4th

That reveal was so cute! It sounds amazing and definitely something to treasure Xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
18 Nights POR 1 Night BWV
Unread 17 Jan 20, 01:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
So sorry I've only just found this, all subscribed and following along.

Mr Grump also said we were only going once ... now coming up to our 3rd trip and planning the 4th

That reveal was so cute! It sounds amazing and definitely something to treasure Xx
Ah thanks. I really must update with our plans - it is coming around so fast now! Third day of fp booking tomorrow - Animal Kingdom 😥
Floridadreams is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our trip of a lifetime
Unread 17 Jan 20, 01:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by 3disneykids View Post
Your post describes us (we hadn't even do DLP) . I used to say it was a waste of money. Me and DH weren't into theme parks and now we are true Florida and Disney addicts lol. Hope you enjoy your first trip to WDW but be warned it probably wont be your last

Your reveal sounds amazing what special memories
😂 well wait and see!
Our trip of a lifetime
Unread 17 Jan 20, 01:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Floridadreams View Post
😂 well wait and see!
You are already addicted! Enjoy the build up...all part of the fun!
Unread 17 Jan 20, 01:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Ciano View Post
You are already addicted! Enjoy the build up...all part of the fun!
😂😂😂 yeah but hubby has to be too!
Our trip of a lifetime
Unread 17 Jan 20, 01:42 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyF1rstT1me
Excited about Disney

I look forward to reading your trip report. I love your reveal post - I love a good reveal reaction! You'll have an amazing time as everyone is saying and, if you're like us, may find yourself saying on day 1 of your once in a lifetime trip "We've definitely got to come back"!
DisneyF1rstT1me is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Second holiday of a lifetime