Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 30 Dec 19, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

It's a shame that it rained so much today and spoiled your plans a bit. It is always a bit of a shock when you have to start paying for all your meals after being on the dining plan.

What a nice touch to leave a note with the cuddly toy.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 19, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by jothp View Post
It's a shame that it rained so much today and spoiled your plans a bit. It is always a bit of a shock when you have to start paying for all your meals after being on the dining plan.

What a nice touch to leave a note with the cuddly toy.
The weather was a bit of a pain the whole trip really. Still, we managed to get to the pool eventually.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 20, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Again you are way braver than me Abby going on Hulk and Dr Dooms!
Is that Spider-Man ride photo new? I don’t remember that one.
I love the theming of Hogsmead, I bet your mum loved it!
I’ve never done Poseidon’s Fury, what is it exactly?
We LOVE Bilge Rats and Ripsaw Falls, they’re such fun and you get drenched!
Such a shame about the weather scuppering your pool plans, it’s always the way isn’t it?
CowFish consistently gets good reviews on here, we’ll have to give it a try when we’re next in Universal. Your meal looked lovely and fairly reasonable too.
Thank god the kids got some swimming time in, if they’re anything like my 2 they start getting twitchy if they don’t get in a pool after a couple of days!
A great day Abby!

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 20, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
Again you are way braver than me Abby going on Hulk and Dr Dooms!
Is that Spider-Man ride photo new? I don’t remember that one.
I love the theming of Hogsmead, I bet your mum loved it!
I’ve never done Poseidon’s Fury, what is it exactly?
We LOVE Bilge Rats and Ripsaw Falls, they’re such fun and you get drenched!
Such a shame about the weather scuppering your pool plans, it’s always the way isn’t it?
CowFish consistently gets good reviews on here, we’ll have to give it a try when we’re next in Universal. Your meal looked lovely and fairly reasonable too.
Thank god the kids got some swimming time in, if they’re anything like my 2 they start getting twitchy if they don’t get in a pool after a couple of days!
A great day Abby!
Dr Doom is another one I only have the stomach for once per trip. We were perefectly placed though to see mum and dad sitting on the bench waiting for us by the shop. At the top we were screaming for them to notice us, but I guess we were too high up as they didn't hear. Actually this sort of distracted me from my impending doom. Dad had been filming the ride and he thought he'd spotted Max at the top. So on the video you can see us at the top and hear Dad saying to mum "I think that's Max up there" you can't hear any of our shouting at them though.

Not sure about Spiderman maybe the photo is new.

The Poseidon fury attraction is a walk through show type thing. You have a cast member who is an archaeologist or something similar and he takes you through lots of different rooms on the hunt for...I won't give it away . It's actually really good for a walk through attraction. It's not a ride at all, it's a show and as a group you go from room to room together and the story builds up.

I think you're right the kids definitely needed some pool time. I should have put my swimming stuff on and got in too. But I was worrying about getting everything dry for packing up and leaving the next day. I should have just said sod it and gone in. The worst that could have happened is the swim stuff going mouldy and having to be chucked away, I wish I'd gone in

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 20, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

Another great day, and you made the most of it despite the rain. Interesting that you love Hulk but weren’t too keen on RRR, I inadvertently talked Alex out of trying Hulk by asking him if he was sure he wanted to do it as it looked really intense close up, but he did love RRR, I feel a bit bad now if Hulk isn’t as bad as it looks!

Love the late night pool time too, it was something we really struggled to fit in when we were onsite
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 20, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Eccle View Post
Another great day, and you made the most of it despite the rain. Interesting that you love Hulk but weren’t too keen on RRR, I inadvertently talked Alex out of trying Hulk by asking him if he was sure he wanted to do it as it looked really intense close up, but he did love RRR, I feel a bit bad now if Hulk isn’t as bad as it looks!

Love the late night pool time too, it was something we really struggled to fit in when we were onsite
The thing that I dislike about RRR is the vertical climb at the beginning. It's quite slow and because of this it gives me too much time to think about the ride and I end up closing my eyes and wishing I was not on it. Even though I know that there are no inversions on RRR the fear of it has built up and I end up hating it.

Hulk on the other hand is fast, fast, fast. But that is good as no time to think it's also a really smooth coaster and not rickety at all, it doesn't shake you about and rattle your brain like some coasters. It is a fantastic ride. I do love it. Maybe Alex can give it a go next time.

Old 4 Jan 20, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
The thing that I dislike about RRR is the vertical climb at the beginning. It's quite slow and because of this it gives me too much time to think about the ride and I end up closing my eyes and wishing I was not on it. Even though I know that there are no inversions on RRR the fear of it has built up and I end up hating it.

Hulk on the other hand is fast, fast, fast. But that is good as no time to think it's also a really smooth coaster and not rickety at all, it doesn't shake you about and rattle your brain like some coasters. It is a fantastic ride. I do love it. Maybe Alex can give it a go next time.
Yes I can definitely see the vertical climb having that effect on me too. I think Alex would do it next time as he did regret not going on after (which I feel a bit bad about), and hopefully by then Sebastian would be up for it too which would be better, as I know it is worse going on alone
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 20, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Eccle View Post
Yes I can definitely see the vertical climb having that effect on me too. I think Alex would do it next time as he did regret not going on after (which I feel a bit bad about), and hopefully by then Sebastian would be up for it too which would be better, as I know it is worse going on alone
It is nicer going on with someone as it's just more fun as a shared experience. It's more fun in the queue and waiting for the ride if you've got someone to share it with

Old 12 Jan 20, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

That pesky rain! Great tally of rides though, a shame the afternoon was rained off. Loving the cocktails especially the Gin Sling. Not a sushi fan so always fascinated by Cowfish but unlikely to try it. Although your dinner today makes me think maybe we should.
Thank goodness the rogue falling log didn’t land on anyone’s head!
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 20, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
That pesky rain! Great tally of rides though, a shame the afternoon was rained off. Loving the cocktails especially the Gin Sling. Not a sushi fan so always fascinated by Cowfish but unlikely to try it. Although your dinner today makes me think maybe we should.
Thank goodness the rogue falling log didn’t land on anyone’s head!
I was getting pretty cross sitting in the hotel room waiting for the rain to stop. Although it had been a great day of rides. Honestly that log came out of nowhere!