Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 17 Jan 20, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Lodgey82
Trainee Dibber

Would you pay more for physical tickets?

Just about to book my universal tickets for next month.
I can get 3 park ticket with Attractiontickets.com for £1076 (3adults 1child) with free eat4less and dollar drinks vouchers.
Debbies Villas are offering the same 3 park tickets for £1020 with a kids eat free, play for less and a free US Sim with free 4G data.
The only difference being ATD are proper physical tickets and Debbies Villas is a voucher to collect tickets at the park.

What would you do?
Vista Cay 2017,2019
Lodgey82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 20, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

I personally prefer to have the tickets
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL
sprocket is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 20, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Monsterlove
Getting to know the DIBB

I had vouchers with Thomas Cook and I had to claim money back as I couldn't use them I would rather have the real ticket which do not need exchanging.

Attractiontickets.com still give shop and Dine4less and I think this has a US sim included. I am sure if you ring them they will exchange to a free Kids eat free card for you instead.
Monsterlove is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 20, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
jonnykeogh
Proud to wear my Ears

An extra £14 each for actual tickets? I'd do that tbh.

just so you know, the sim card is free but you usually have to pay a fee in order to get the data and minutes so it's not quite what it sounds like - i did the same last year and got the dine 4 less, and they were charging $3 or something per day to get the data when you link the sim card. minumum of 5 days so cost $15

up to you but always prefer the tickets in my hand before i go and think £14 isnt much in the grand scheme of things.
1996 - Sheraton Inn, 1998 - Sheraton Inn, 2003 - Quality Inn International, 2005 - Enclave Suites, 2007 - Comfort Inn International, 2010 - Quality Inn International, 2013 - Boardwalk Inn & Hard Rock Hotel, 2015 - Beach Club & Legoland Hotel, 2015 - Hilton Garden Inn & Animal Kingdom Lodge, 2017 - Avanti Resort, 2017 - Lake Buena Vista Hotel & Spa/Sunset Vistas, 2018 - All Star Music Resort2019 - Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando
jonnykeogh is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 20, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
If I were to be given ticket numbers electronically so I could link it to MDE then I’d be happy with that.
However, if I had to collect on arrival (so I couldn’t take advantage of the 60 day fast pass) then I’d want actual tickets. Obviously this would only apply to the Disney portion. For other parks I’d be happy with a voucher.

Villefranche-sur-Mer/Monaco - June and July 2024
Orlando for Thanksgiving - November/December 2024
Belfast/Dublin/Vancouver - June 2025
Posiesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 20, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
princessgirlx
New Poster (4)

I much prefer the real tickets, I must admit. I have once before been given a voucher to exchange at the park and I had to queue a good while! Often ATD have great extras too which could be worth it!
princessgirlx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 20, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Posiesmum View Post
If I were to be given ticket numbers electronically so I could link it to MDE then I’d be happy with that.
However, if I had to collect on arrival (so I couldn’t take advantage of the 60 day fast pass) then I’d want actual tickets. Obviously this would only apply to the Disney portion. For other parks I’d be happy with a voucher.

you're making things more complicated than it should for those who are not familiar with all of this

OP is talking about Universal, so MDE is irrelevant
and even if it was, disney vouchers or will calls can be added to MDE for FP+ selection, so here again, non issue.
And for disney collecting the tickets is not mandatory if you have or purchase magic bands

for universal, on the contrary, vouchers could prove a pain to redeem, and print at home tickets are equally a pain, as they quite often don't scan

so Disney is the place you could accept vouchers for, when universal is the place where physical tickets will always be preferable.
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 20, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
EatandPlay
Apprentice Imagineer
- DIBB Advertiser -

If you like to collect souvenirs, a printed ticket voucher isn't much of one. The real ticket is. Much like concert tickets...I ALWAYS pay the extra couple of dollars to have the tickets sent to my home because I keep those as souvenirs.
Old 17 Jan 20, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
Originally Posted by chmurf View Post
you're making things more complicated than it should for those who are not familiar with all of this

OP is talking about Universal, so MDE is irrelevant
and even if it was, disney vouchers or will calls can be added to MDE for FP+ selection, so here again, non issue.
And for disney collecting the tickets is not mandatory if you have or purchase magic bands

for universal, on the contrary, vouchers could prove a pain to redeem, and print at home tickets are equally a pain, as they quite often don't scan

so Disney is the place you could accept vouchers for, when universal is the place where physical tickets will always be preferable.
That’s me told then.

Villefranche-sur-Mer/Monaco - June and July 2024
Orlando for Thanksgiving - November/December 2024
Belfast/Dublin/Vancouver - June 2025
Posiesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 20, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Mobile

We have always had vouchers and exchanged them. Never had a problem. Have exchanged voucher for a flexticket at universal studios, sea world, rpr hotel desk and Busch gardens. Would not do it at sea world again, it involved lengthy queuing, but apart from there it was hassle free.
WhereIBelong is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List