Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Theme Parks Florida
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, FastPass+ Questions and Info.
Unread 21 Jan 20, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
BaconAndAvocado
Apprentice Imagineer

Is there a bus to VB from RPR in the morning for early opening?
Unread 21 Jan 20, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
Imagineer

Is it only by staying at Cabana bay gets you in early or all Universal hotels?
LOU LOU DISNEY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Coronado Springs & Cabana Bay Resort.
Unread 21 Jan 20, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Fraser789
Excited about Disney

Mobile

No you get early entry at all Universal hotels. Cabana Bay has it's own entrance to Volcano Bay so you don't need to get a bus.
Fraser789 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
14 days at Cabana Bay
Unread 21 Jan 20, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
rosetom
Excited about Disney

rosetom's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by Fraser789 View Post
No you get early entry at all Universal hotels. Cabana Bay has it's own entrance to Volcano Bay so you don't need to get a bus.
Just a thought if you visit CB to take a tour of the resort could you use the VB entrance

To dream a reality :
Tampa-highlands reserve hibiscus ridge
22/10/2020-12/11/2020
rosetom is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
To dream a reality
Unread 21 Jan 20, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
VIP Dibber

Aventura is literally 20 steps from the security of VB from the back of Aventura pool.

Above photo was taken from Aventura food court - thatched huts are security, you then go through a tunnel and you are in.

Edited at 10:45 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Coast2Coast incl Grand Cali+Copper Creek
Unread 22 Jan 20, 01:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Hornet1976
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

VB is a great waterpark with some great slides. One thing I prefer about the Disney waterparks though is that they are almost like being on an island, especially TL - you get that vibe and when you're high you see lots of trees an foliage. With VB you go a flight up and you see (and hear in some parts) the I4 so it's not as pretty or imersive imo.
Hornet1976 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Unread 22 Jan 20, 08:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Ils
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Hornet1976 View Post
VB is a great waterpark with some great slides. One thing I prefer about the Disney waterparks though is that they are almost like being on an island, especially TL - you get that vibe and when you're high you see lots of trees an foliage. With VB you go a flight up and you see (and hear in some parts) the I4 so it's not as pretty or imersive imo.
They have all got their strengths and weaknesses. My lads loved both VB and Aquatica but your spot on in respect to the immersion you get at Disney. VB felt so immersive at ground level and then then whilst I was queuing for one of the slides in the far left corner, all you can hear and see is the I4 it took a bit off for me.

Still though in Krakatoa the best water ride at any park... so much fun!
Ils is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Universal
Unread 22 Jan 20, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
VIP Dibber

Funny I found the immersion and theming to be drastically superior at VB, although I get what you are saying re the land- Universal just dont have the same landmass.
But I was very surprised. The island theme I thought was way ahead and we all thought it was the most heavily themed waterpark there is. I thought it outdid Disney in every respect. I wasnt expecting it to be nearly as good as it is, but I thought it made Disney waterparks look the age they are. And I prefer Disney theme parks to Universal theme parks, although they are both good.
Since we went to VB we are not bothered to go to Disney waterparks anymore. They even removed (it was said because it was expensive to run) the bit where you snorkeled with the fish which was really the only unique bit they had. The Misadventure Falls they put in is pretty forgettable. The Disney waterparks need a huge overhaul to compete. They have two and so should close one down and do a significant redevelopment.

Edited at 08:24 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Coast2Coast incl Grand Cali+Copper Creek