Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 21 Jan 20, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Dogmad
Earning More Ears

Thank you for all your comments, fair to say I have decided against this now.
Dogmad is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldcoast
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by amarooney View Post
We went on the Sunday before Halloween last year, the place was rammed. It is totally disingenuous of Disney to promote these events as limited ticketed. The parade and firework were great but you could not get moved. Queues for rides were as long as any busy park day. If I'd gone to the park on a 'normal' day and it was as full I would have walked out. Simple reason is Disney are greedy (please no lectures about them being a business). It's my first and only visit to MNSSHP.
We were very surprised at the difference from 2017. We still had a fabulous time, how could we not dressed as a rooster and a pig but all agreed we doubt we would do it again... which translates to we'll say we're not doing it and then go ahead and buy tickets anyway as we won't be able to resist 🙈
Goldcoast is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
sbuck93
Apprentice Imagineer

Did it for the first time in September. Glad we tried it but doubt we will do it again, it was absolutely heaving, busiest I've ever seen MK and it just ruined it for us. Parade and fireworks were really good but the crowds just made the night not very enjoyable.

Vegas.Disney.MCFC
sbuck93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkermom
Apprentice Imagineer

It’s nowhere as nice as it was when they first started, the nights felt really special and the crowd levels were so low. We don’t bother anymore it’s far too busy 😔
Old 23 Jan 20, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Louck
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Oh do it. It was excellent.

We went 4 years ago and my DS still talks about it. We are planning to do it again this year
Louck is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Louck View Post
Oh do it. It was excellent.

We went 4 years ago and my DS still talks about it. We are planning to do it again this year
I went last year for the first time. But I have seen many dibbers comment on the massive increase in crowd levels since a few years ago.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Louck
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I went last year for the first time. But I have seen many dibbers comment on the massive increase in crowd levels since a few years ago.
It wasn’t bad when we were there so hopefully it’ll be okay this year.

I remember main st being very busy but not feeling crowded anywhere else.
Louck is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I went to MVMCP in 2010 and 2014, and it was scarily full then. We got separated for the fireworks, and I found myself near the hub, completely unable to move for a good 10 minutes. Women were screaming, afraid their toddlers would get stepped on. Someone almost tried to punch me. No CMs in sight.

Nevertheless the rest of the evening was great - the park is really quiet after the fireworks. The shows are fantastic. Never done MNSSHP though.

But the huge crowds are not a new thing, you just need to manage them.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
mrslfc
Excited about Disney

Was thinking about booking this for Aug this year but after reading these comments might have a rethink!
mrslfc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 20, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
mummyroo1
Apprentice Imagineer

We were planning on this this year as our Disney fix in a Universal only trip but the descriptions of crowd levels have me nervous. We have older children who love rides but the younger one still wants to meet the main Disney characters (Mickey and co) in their Halloween costumes. Our trip will probably be the 2nd or 3rd of the weekday August dates. If we concentrate on the rides for the first couple of hours and then hit the characters and trick or treating after the fireworks would that fit with the lower crowds. Should we try to watch the parade twice? is it that good or skip the first one and just watch the second? What time are the fireworks and second parade?
Or would I be better spending our money on one day to HS, we haven't seen Galaxy edge as it opened just after we left last year. We are doing a Disney trip next year so wont be too long to wait but it wont be late August so this will probably be our only chance ever of the MNSSHP
mummyroo1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List