Notices

View Poll Results: Disney or Universal theme parks?
Disney 270 56.02%
Universal 212 43.98%
Voters: 482. You may not vote on this poll

Old 16 Jun 13, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We are Disneyholics and although we enjoy visiting the Universal parks, we only go every other trip.
We can wander around WDW without a break, enjoying the theming, atmosphere, entertainment and the general ambience before we've even done a ride and that's what gives it the edge for us.
At Universal it's all about the rides and little else ( apart from Hogsmeade) and once we've done the rides, we're off
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 13, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
The Hulk
Imagineer

Universal for us, although we are all coaster junkies and DS is 13. We still usually visit Disney, although in Florida may only do HS for one day and skip the other parks.
The Hulk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 13, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
gala
Imagineer

gala's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 24

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 336
I can't vote as I love them both. IoA is our favourite park at Universal plus we adore RPR. DHS is our No1 Disney park but we love some of the others, the fireworks, the theming, the food and everything that Disney does so well. Can't hit the 'vote' button Im afraid.

Margaret

1999 - All Star Music
2001 - Quality Inn International and All Star Movies
2004 - Homewood Suites I Drive and All Star Music
2006 - Homewood Suites I Drive, Royal Pacific Resort and Pop Century
2008 - Homewood Suites, Hard Rock Hotel and Coronado Springs
2010 Homewood Suites, RPR, POFQ
2013 Homewood Suites, RPR,OKW

gala is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 13, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post

Disney will always have the magic that no other place can compete with. But Universal is still a fab park for the rides.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 13, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post

I think it's 51% Universal and 49% Disney - mostly based on having some old favourite rides and Harry Potter land. Although if I think about it too long I come up with a million reasons why Disney is better...

Hence why each trip we do the debate "shall we just do either Disney OR Universal this time?". Always do both in the end.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 13, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Wreck it Ralph
Excited about Disney

Wreck it Ralph's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
As we are a group of adults traveling we prefer Universal. We do do all the parks however.
This last trip though Disney was sorely lacking and we agreed it would be a couple of years before we went to any Disney park other than Hollywood Studios. Even perennial favourites like Soarin' have lost some of their shine.

Disney need to go all in and create their own version of Islands of Adventure, a park filled with white knuckle rides for the older kids and adults. make it based on the Villains, or the lesser used stuff like Tron or something. They have the space and could create a whole new park full of cutting edge rides.

May/June 2013 trip Index
Wreck it Ralph is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 13, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted
Imagineer

We are just adults too but prefer Disney!
I love Harry Potter land and some of my favourite rides are in US/IOA but the combination of the Disney Parks combined definitely wins for me! We go to US every 2-3 visits but could never miss out the Disney parks!
Enchanted is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 13, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Andycm81
Apprentice Imagineer

Andycm81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Personally, Universal, and I imagine DS will be the same, DD more than likely Disney!
Andycm81 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 13, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
jonnykeogh
Proud to wear my Ears

I voted Disney. Reason being is that a theme park for me is more than just rides. Yes Universal has more thrilling and spectacular rides, but it's the shows, magic, fireworks and atmosphere of Disney that wins it. It is also more diverse than Universal, where you have parks dedicated to classic Disney, Animals, Films and Technology/Earth. I love Universal too, being a massive film fan, but Disney makes me smile more, and that walk up to Tower of Terror still gives me goosebumps!
jonnykeogh is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 13, 03:04 AM  
Link to this Post
jenosaurus
Getting Excited

It has to be Universal for me, Mainly because I am obsessed with HP