Notices

Old 23 May 16, 06:24 AM  
Link to this Post
stockport1965
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by geoffa View Post
So - got confirmed resrvation for the cookout yesterday for 7th July. We opted for the covered wagons. I haven't ridden a horse since I was 18. Prefer comfort these days.

:
We have confirmation for our cookout.

Are you staying at the Roosevelt that night? We are at Mammoth and was just a bit concerned about driving afterwards!
stockport1965 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 16, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post

So, at long last everything is in place. Even the day trips out when in Yellowstone. We have designed them so we cover most of the park area (3,500 square miles) and will even have a trip out to Cody - Buffalo Bill's stomping ground. Just 37 days away before we head to Heathrow for our 14:50 flight. ( 9 hours 45 minutes). Will certainly be getting our heads down after meals are served.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 16, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by stockport1965 View Post
We have confirmation for our cookout.

Are you staying at the Roosevelt that night? We are at Mammoth and was just a bit concerned about driving afterwards!
We are at the Old Faithful Inn that night.
Old 23 May 16, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
stockport1965
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by geoffa View Post
We are at the Old Faithful Inn that night.
So you have a longer drive than us!

I am guessing that they finish the cookout before it is really dark.

28 days and counting
stockport1965 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 16, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Sue
Imagineer

Sue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 17
What a fabulous sounding trip, if you check out my countdown - look where we are going to very soon

We are flying to Chicago, then driving to North and South Dakota, staying over in Fargo of course. Then to Theodore Roosevelt national park before heading south to Yellowstone. We have booked a 5 night, 4 day tour with Xanterra as we would have no clue where to go and what to see on our own. This tour includes hotels, 3 different ones and all meals.
Then we are off to Grand Teton staying on a ranch for 2 nights before leaving for Colorado and Rocky Mountain national park.
There is a lot of driving but we love the empty roads and big skies.

Wishing you all the best for your trip and if you like I'll post a mini trippie (if I can remember how!)

”Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts” - Richard Feynman. Theoretical Physicist

7th Magical Trip - August /September 2008. FOOD & TRIP REPORTS

Route 66 and all that TRIP REPORTS
Sue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 16, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
stockport1965
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sue View Post
What a fabulous sounding trip, if you check out my countdown - look where we are going to very soon

We are flying to Chicago, then driving to North and South Dakota, staying over in Fargo of course. Then to Theodore Roosevelt national park before heading south to Yellowstone. We have booked a 5 night, 4 day tour with Xanterra as we would have no clue where to go and what to see on our own. This tour includes hotels, 3 different ones and all meals.
Then we are off to Grand Teton staying on a ranch for 2 nights before leaving for Colorado and Rocky Mountain national park.
There is a lot of driving but we love the empty roads and big skies.

Wishing you all the best for your trip and if you like I'll post a mini trippie (if I can remember how!)
Hi Sue

We're doing South Dakota as well before Cody, YNP, GTNP, Moab for Arches & Cannyonlands before RMNP. We're lovers of the empty roads too!

Have a fab time
Old 23 May 16, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Sue
Imagineer

Sue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 17
Originally Posted by stockport1965 View Post
Hi Sue

We're doing South Dakota as well before Cody, YNP, GTNP, Moab for Arches & Cannyonlands before RMNP. We're lovers of the empty roads too!

Have a fab time
I'm in Stockport too
We did Arches and Canyonlands in 2014 - loved them. Moab is interesting and lots to do. Go to Dead Horse State Park as well if you get chance, spectacular views.
We're overnighting in Cody before we enter YP. Great minds and all that

”Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts” - Richard Feynman. Theoretical Physicist

7th Magical Trip - August /September 2008. FOOD & TRIP REPORTS

Route 66 and all that TRIP REPORTS
Sue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 16, 12:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

Loving that so many of you are going to these areas, it is the next non Disney trip we are looking at after hopefully combining DCL Alaska and Hawaii!
The seems to be a lot of planning,like any road trip, but it sounds like when we were trying to book Mounument Valley and GC north rim, those national parks are hard to book; 15 months sounds even madder!
Looking forward to the report!
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 16, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
christybell
Imagineer

This sounds like an amazing trip. Look forward to reading all about (and noting ideas for the future)

July 2009 ASM/TI/Hmew'd Suites
August 2010 OKW/Dibb villa
July2011 OKW/RPR/Cocoa Beach/Dibb Villa
July 2012 RPR/Carnival Destiny/Dibb Villa
July 2013 OKW/Anna Maria Island/Dibb Villa
Nov 2013 Sunset Lakes- my 40th Birthday
April 2014 Cruise and Villa
April 2015 Clearwater/RPR/Dibb Villa
Dec 2015 Dibb Villa to see the Xmas lights
July 2016 RPR/Cruise/Dibb villa
christybell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 16, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post

Well, our departure time edges ever near. 9 days and 20 odd hours. The flight doesn't leave until 14:50p.m. so I shall be on tenterhooks all that morning. I have ironed enough T shirts to open a branch of Hot Topic. The plan is to throw them away after wear each day. We have deliberately gone through our stock and selected those that have served us well but really have had their lifespan. This will save on a lot of laundry and I really don't want to be sitting in a launderette in the middle of Yellowstone National Park (and, yes, they have one) when I could be enjoying the wonderful scenery. I might even miss a bear!
The first aid kit is comprehensive to the point it's like having my own miniature Boots the Chemist. This is because there will be days when we will be in some remote stretches of road where there will be just us and the buzzards above. My Boy Scout training tells me to "Be Prepared". Well, I say training. I was with them for about 12 months then got fed up with the whole thing. I've said before that my tent comes with a wheel at each corner and a nice hot bath tub and a microwave and fridge! No ground sheets for me.
We have hit on the plan of having a packing cube (zip up nylon bag is the best description) for each single day. This will contain two tops - one for me and one for Darrin, underwear and socks. Any evening shirts, trousers or shorts will come from a utilitarian cube. As we pull up at each of our accommodations the cube for the tomorrow will be placed in the overnight bag which will go with us to our room. Some may see this as planning to the extreme but I like organisation. I'd laminate it if I could (Auntie Mel from the DIBBcast would be proud of me).

So it's just a case of watching the days go by to our departure. Currently the weather in the South East of the UK is akin to deluge proportions and I have heard that B&Q are selling wood in cubit lengths. I've seen animals starting to walk around in pairs...