Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 22 Jan 20, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Rose89
Helping Minnie

Is Villains After Hours worth it?

Hey, we're heading over at the end of March and we have 14 day tickets so will be at magic kingdom a couple of times but I'm a bit worried about crowd levels.

We're staying off site so fastpasses are only 30 days out so we were thinking of doing Villains After Hours to make sure we can get on things a few times but also for the experience of an after hours event.

We've only ever done MNSSHP as an extra ticketed event so we know all the benefits of that one but what do you get for your money with Villains other than lower crowd levels and being able to see a few different characters (we don't really meet characters anyway)

Has anyone else done an after hours event without kids and what's your experiences on whether its worth the extra money?

Thanks
Hayley
2024 All Star Music Resort/2023 Tokyo Disneyland, DisneySea & Universal Osaka/2022 Rosen Inn Lake Buena Vista/2022 Pop Century/2021 Rosen Inn Lake Buena Vista/2019 Caribbean Beach & Endless Summer Surfside/2018 Disneyland California & Universal Hollywood/2017 Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando/2016 Rosen Inn International/2014 Disneyland Paris/2012 Pop Century/2010 Econolodge Inn & Suites/1999 Kissimmee/1997 Quality Inn I- Drive
Rose89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Jennywren
VIP Dibber

We will be going in March for the first time as well so watching this thread with interest. We have regularly been for MNSSHP but never done the Villains event. I know the do a special stage show in front of the castle usually hosted by Hades and Meg but not sure what else is on offer
Jennywren is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

Mobile

I think it's better value than MNSSHP, which we did and enjoyed, but more rides open for villains as not being used for candy stops, still have some different theming etc plus free drinks, ice cream and popcorn for less $. Also was less crowded.
2012 Fairfield Inn IDrive 2013 Highland Reserve 2014 Old Key West 2015 Old Key West / Fantasy World 2016 New York / Cypress Pointe 2016 Cane Island 2017 Old Key West 2018 Port Orleans Riverside 2019 Keys / Cruise / Rosen Inn IDrive 2022 Port Orleans Riverside 2023 Idrive / Cruise 2023 Universal Dockside
stupet11 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Rose89
Helping Minnie

Mobile

I've never been to an event with free food, is it just drinks and ice cream? Does anyone know if they regularly sell out or would we be able to decide when we get there and still have tickets left?
2024 All Star Music Resort/2023 Tokyo Disneyland, DisneySea & Universal Osaka/2022 Rosen Inn Lake Buena Vista/2022 Pop Century/2021 Rosen Inn Lake Buena Vista/2019 Caribbean Beach & Endless Summer Surfside/2018 Disneyland California & Universal Hollywood/2017 Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando/2016 Rosen Inn International/2014 Disneyland Paris/2012 Pop Century/2010 Econolodge Inn & Suites/1999 Kissimmee/1997 Quality Inn I- Drive
Rose89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rose89 View Post
I've never been to an event with free food, is it just drinks and ice cream? Does anyone know if they regularly sell out or would we be able to decide when we get there and still have tickets left?
500ml bottles of coke products, Mickey Mouse novelty ice creams and popcorn from carts.

Not sure if they sell out / how limited - we went when we didn't have Disney tickets at all, so was a great way to do everything in one go.
2012 Fairfield Inn IDrive 2013 Highland Reserve 2014 Old Key West 2015 Old Key West / Fantasy World 2016 New York / Cypress Pointe 2016 Cane Island 2017 Old Key West 2018 Port Orleans Riverside 2019 Keys / Cruise / Rosen Inn IDrive 2022 Port Orleans Riverside 2023 Idrive / Cruise 2023 Universal Dockside
stupet11 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post

I am not going to tell anyone else whether it will be worth it for them as I don’t know. We have been to three events and have a fourth one, the Villains one, booked for April, so I guess that means we think it is worth it for us.

Our previous AH were the regular ones and I am wondering if a Villains might be slightly busier. But as we have been to the regular events we are happy to try this. In your shoes I might be tempted to look into the regular one as well, especially if rides are more of a priority.

We have never found there to be much by way of food and drink on offer, I think we have only had bottled water as not interested in ice cream at night. So for us it is important to make sure we get dinner beforehand. I think the Villains one might have a bit more food available than the regular AK and MK events we have been to.

I would not compare AH to MNSSHP, it is absolutely nothing like it, the parks are totally dead at After Hours.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 20, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Simba2014
Excited about Disney

I've booked Villains After Hours for the 8th May. My googling suggests it'll be a little busier than the normal After Hours event but probably quieter than normal overall and real quiet compared to Halloween, so its a nice halfway between the two.

We've only got a day ticket for Animal Kingdom at the moment, so combined this will be our only Disney fix. Personally I wouldn't pay if we had ultimate tickets as it's yet another expense, but for us its basically the same price as a day ticket, but hopefully without the extra crowds, a little bit of Villain magic and some free food and drink thrown in. For me I'm hoping it'll be worth it, time will tell! The first Villains After Hours event of 2020 starts later this week so hopefully they'll be some more reviews soon.

Note, there aren't any meet and greets for characters for Villains, so if that's on your must have list probably skip the Villains event.