Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 22 Jan 20, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
jenna288
Apprentice Imagineer

FOP without FP

Hello,

We are staying onsite from 3 rd april for 2 nights and we're hoping to get a FP for FOP at 60 + 1 days (can't do 60+2 as we have a meal booked in MK). I am feeling like I need a plan B just incase we can't get this. I just noticed that AK has EMH that morning (8am - 9 am on 4th april). Do we qualify for EMH ?(only staying onsite for 2 nights) Also, is this the best chance we've got at getting on FOP without FP (at Easter! on a Saturday! ). What time would you plan on arriving at AK ?
WDW and Universal August 2022
NY and WDW March 2024
jenna288 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
SMAX
Imagineer

SMAX's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Guidebook Photos: 69
This was Easter Saturday last year...

for EMH if you are staying the 3rd and 4th of April then you are also entitled to EMH on the 5th. Your check out day.

Edited at 02:20 PM.
SMAX is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
AliceCooper9
Apprentice Imagineer

I think your chances of getting FOP FP at 60+1 and 60+2 are very slim.
Keep an eye out for park hours as they might extend so freeing up some FPs.

Your best bet is to go early on the EMH morning. You are onsite so can use EMH.

I have never done the early morning dash for FOP so another dibber with experience might have more knowledge but I would guess 30 mins-hour would probably be fine.

Edited at 05:37 PM.
AliceCooper9 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post

I also think getting a FP your 60 +1 and +2 dates is a long shot. I think you maybe need to be willing to flex the MK meal should there be a FoP FP available on that date which clashes. You would be able to access EMH on your checkout day of the 4th.

You are checking in well before Easter, I would hope it would be a bit quieter your dates.

Edited at 03:08 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
steph1
Imagineer

steph1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We weren't staying onsite the week before Christmas and we got to AK for opening and went straight to FOP. The queue time stated 180 min however the queue never stopped moving and we were in the ride within 45 mins. Definitely do-able without a FP if you are prepared to get there for opening I think.
steph1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by jenna288 View Post
We are staying onsite from 3 rd april for 2 nights and we're hoping to get a FP for FOP at 60 + 1 days (can't do 60+2 as we have a meal booked in MK). I am feeling like I need a plan B just incase we can't get this. I just noticed that AK has EMH that morning (8am - 9 am on 4th april). Do we qualify for EMH ?(only staying onsite for 2 nights) Also, is this the best chance we've got at getting on FOP without FP (at Easter! on a Saturday! ). What time would you plan on arriving at AK ?
If you check in on the 3rd April then, yes, you can use EMH on Saturday 4th April.

And, yes, this may well be the best option to get on FOP if you can't get a fastpass. You'll be able to get on FOP whatever you do, it'll just reduce the wait time slightly.

Originally Posted by SMAX View Post
This was Easter Saturday last year...

I think when the OP said "at Easter! on a Saturday!" they didn't mean Easter Saturday but Saturday 4th April before the Easter weekend. That is, it's a Saturday around the Easter period, not Easter Saturday.

Here are the wait times for the Saturday before the Easter weekend from 2019 (admittedly they are similar to Easter Saturday):

From the above, the wait time during EMH goes from 60 minutes to 180 minutes. So if the OP can get there early they can join the queue when the wait is "only" 1 hour or so instead of 2 hours or more for most of the rest of the day. I'd suggest getting to the entrance of AK for 7:30am at the latest.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 05:39 PM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
NeeNeeWong
Getting Excited

We’re going on Presidents’ Day weekend, which we hear is busy and we got a FOP fastpass for 6 people on our 60 + 2 days (Presidents’ Day), so I guess never say never. It’s not until 5pm, I would just say to keep checking the FP availability calendar on the dibb. That’s what we did and aimed for that fastpass first.
Old 23 Jan 20, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
jenna288
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks everyone Looks like i'll be getting to Ak early then
WDW and Universal August 2022
NY and WDW March 2024
jenna288 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

We did this in 2018. I think we got there at around 7.30am on an EMH 8am morning, waited for the rope to drop around 7.45am, were guided around to FOP and were off before 8.30am
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List