Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 27 Feb 20, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mpet View Post
If this is the Gatwick flight on 27/4, I’ve just gone through a dummy booking and there are still a few groups of 3 seats available. There is even the 3 exit row seats (row 38) still showing as available
Exactly what I posted
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Neilandrewhall View Post
i just thought at the offset that cause kids arn't in school the flight wouldn't be busy
but guess how wrong i was
Florida is a year round destination and can and is busy at any time.

You have been given good advice from Dibb members and in particular munmun and Mpet even advising you of seat numbers that are free so I really hope that has helped you sort out your seating dilema.

Hope you get sorted.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
speedwayfan
Imagineer

speedwayfan's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
I really can't understand the big issue here. In fact, whether there are other seats available or not, row 38 exit row seats are ideal as you don't need an aisle seat to get out easily, can sit next to your partner and are right next to the WC's.

My thought is that the OP is ideally wanting to sit upstairs? Unfortunately for him, a lot of other people do too and it's their right.

As for Virgin giving out information on another passenger, like others I am astonished by this but it doesn't matter as the OP's seating issues can be easily remedied albeit by sitting downstairs.

Jill
speedwayfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Hudson
Imagineer

Maybe hope that they don't change the menu after all.

Hudson is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Thanks for this, Do you know how i go about getting a hidden disability thing? and ill try to arrange a appointment with my gastro team like with my Crohn's its been really bad lately, im actually seeing the GP tonight about it ( I refuse to eat during the day while at work due to them only having portaloo's as you can prob tell im fuzzy where i go toilet!

Ill try calling customer services now, i don't get how the flight is going to be that busy its after school holidays all the kids will be in school? i don't get it
Loads of adults without kids go to Disney - me being one of them. And a lot of us deliberately go outside school holidays as it's cheaper and quieter.

Edited at 08:16 PM.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Northerndave View Post
Sorry OP, if I had booked that aisle seat (and I always try for an aisle) and you were trying to get past every 5 mins I would be far from happy. Like others, I cannot for the life of me understand why you would not look for 2 seats together at the back of the plane.

On your original post, "let's just hope they dont mind getting up every 5 mins if I have anything to eat" tells me the simple solution. Don't eat and have some consideration for other passengers rather than inconveniencing others.
Expecting someone else to fast for hours so you don't have to get up a couple of extra times is also selfish. All about which side of it you look at.

If I was in seat 3 and the options are stand my ground, remain stubbornly in my seat, or getting up to help out the bloke with the medical condition. I know I would happily help out. (I don't want to risk being in any firing line! )

The win is for the wife to sort herself out so she can endure a middle seat... but then I'm well aware that this may be easier said than done, and she who must be obeyed is a saying for a reason.
Old 27 Feb 20, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
tinytots
Imagineer

So guys had the dreaded call back from Virgin, they have spoken to the passenger and he is saying he refuse's to move from the aisle seat, and when virgin discussed my condition he said he to them he takes a sleeping pill before the flight so will be asleep most of it so i guess it will be a starvation thing for 9 hours
I don't see why he should in all honesty especially when you knew your condition. I don't have a condition but use the loo a lot and always opt for the aisle as Im probably up a few times during the flight and dont want to disturb others too much.
Old 27 Feb 20, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Wouldn’t it be better to move to the two seats in a row of 4? Ok you don’t get a window seat but you’re then only disturbing each other.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Thorpy View Post
Expecting someone else to fast for hours so you don't have to get up a couple of extra times is also selfish. All about which side of it you look at.

If I was in seat 3 and the options are stand my ground, remain stubbornly in my seat, or getting up to help out the bloke with the medical condition. I know I would happily help out. (I don't want to risk being in any firing line! )

The win is for the wife to sort herself out so she can endure a middle seat... but then I'm well aware that this may be easier said than done, and she who must be obeyed is a saying for a reason.
I dehydrated myself so that’s I’m not a nuisance in most places. Any kind of transport or even in the parks I try to be careful so that I’m not causing issues for myself and everyone else. I do it because I don’t want to go to the toilet multiple times an hour on a plane where I also might have to queue so I don’t know why this OP wouldn’t want to do the same
vampiress88 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
I dehydrated myself so that’s I’m not a nuisance in most places. Any kind of transport or even in the parks I try to be careful so that I’m not causing issues for myself and everyone else. I do it because I don’t want to go to the toilet multiple times an hour on a plane where I also might have to queue so I don’t know why this OP wouldn’t want to do the same
Maybe because it's not good for your health to dehydrate.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread