Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 22 Jan 20, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Cupcake33
Excited about Disney

We really enjoyed Liberty Tree Tavern. We've also eaten at Crystal palace which we enjoyed and BOG. This year I'm planning on visiting Grand Floridan Cafe.
Cupcake33 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSevSpaghetti
Getting Excited

Mobile

We often pop out and eat at GF or Poly. Can be a nice break from the park for a hour.
MrsSevSpaghetti is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
wifey
Imagineer

Mobile

We enjoyed our meals at Grand Floridian Cafe, Trails End, Roaring Forks, Whispering Canyon, The Plaza restaurant, Cosmic Rays, Casey’s, Liberty Tree Tavern, Pecos Bill’s burgers, Columbia Harbour House ( awesome fish and chips) Pinocchio’s Village Haus.. nice snacks at various booths the only places we have not dined in yet are Tony’s ( not interested in their menu) and Skippers Canteen. We’ve had lunch at BOG and the food was worse on that occasion than a school canteen stale bread and dry meats and the desserts were only just edible so we have avoided it since. Not had the chance to try Cinderella’s Royal Table yet, ( maybe one day) or Artists Point but you never know😉. Have dined in Cali Grill and O’hana ( preferred breakfast over dinner ) and are currently contemplating another meal in the Grand Flo. Of course the quick service locations at the resorts around the lake are all good quality many items were made fresh while we were there on our last trip..
1998 Comfort Inn LBV, 2000 AS Music, 2002 Spring Hill Suites LLB, 2004 AS Movies, 2005 Comfort Inn LBV& Sequoia Lodge DLRP, 2007 AS Movies. September 2009 Port Orleans French Quarter, Yacht Club August 2013 "Club Level" WL August 2015, CBR Celebrating 26 Years Together October 2017.
wifey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

I’d go for the Plaza for a cheap sit down meal. Nice sandwiches and then ice cream sundaes.

We love Columbia Harbour House. Head upstairs where it’s nice and quiet.

We also really enjoyed Skippers Canteen.

I wouldn’t go to Tony’s. It’s very traditional pizza / pasta. Not worth paying disney prices for.

We do like Crystal Palace but it’s too expensive to pay out of pocket so I wouldn’t do that one either.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
derenstar
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
Skippers inside the park but I'd also consider going to one of the resorts, 2 "hidden gems" are The Wave & Trail's End, the latter is a bit of a longer trek but a friendship boat can take you both ways.
We tried BOG dinner last year & it was ok but IMO not worth the money & better choice would be Artist Point at WL
SD
Loved Trails End and the Wave. If you’re there on a Sunday, I highly recommend the brunch at Trails End. Really good food and absolutely worth the trek.
derenstar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
outofdate
Excited about Disney

outofdate's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

We loved the wave and grand Floridian cafe. We were pleasantly surprised by Tony’s, especially having a reserved area to watch the parade.
Old 22 Jan 20, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
discoclare
Excited about Disney

I think they've all been mentioned but QS: Columbia Harbor House, Pecos Bills, casey's corner and BOG (the latter for breakfast, gets mixed reviews but we liked it).
For TS I would probably only bother with Tony's for the parade package. Other than that if you are dead set on TS meal I would either head to DS or to a local resort. Ohana springs to mind at the Poly on the monorail loop. Or years ago with my dad, I remember getting the monorail to Epcot for dinner after a day at MK as he fancied a few restaurants at EPCOT but only one at MK (which we had done on a different day).
If you aren't on dining plan and already have restaurant reservations at other places for other days, are you that bothered about a full sit down meal on your MK days?
discoclare is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
be1985
Trying for More Ears

Thanks everyone. Skipper's Canteen looks great. Asides that I think we will save our 'sit down' meals for other times and go with the quick service options. I'm pleased it isn't just me who isn't blown away by the options in MK!
be1985 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List