Go Back   theDIBB - Disney With A British Accent > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants
Forgotten Password?
Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.
Unread 23 Feb 20, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Caroian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Just to clarify if its not clear what the difference is...

Quick Service DP: 2 QS credits per night
Regular DP: 1 TS credit, 1 QS credit per night
DP Plus: 2 TS credits per night
Deluxe DP: 3 TS credits per night

...plus 2 snack credits and a refillable resort mug.

As far as Im aware, a TS credit has always been useable as a QS credit - so you can use TS credits to get either TS meals or QS meals as you like.
Actually, that's a good point and you are very right (as usual )
Uh Oh Four Oh! NY, NOLA, a cruise & DC!
Unread 23 Feb 20, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Elise79
Imagineer
- DIBB Advertiser -

Originally Posted by SussexFamily View Post
Ive never stayed on site. Is the DDP good value? It appears handy but does it tie you down a bit? Is it worth considering?
Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
You are not tied down any more than you choose to be. I plan my ADRs in advance but I am wasting my time as I change the majority of them on the day anyway. There is always plenty of availability for same day bookings, even popular places, I have just looked and could get into the hardest ADR to get, California Grill brunch, this morning if I wanted to.

The value question is a bit harder to answer, I think it depends comes into it. You could certainly get value out of the dining plan if you wanted lots of expensive character meals, steaks and lobster. On the other hand, if you did not buy a plan, then you might eat differently, go offsite, have cereal in room etc and end up spending less than the plan would cost. I think the plan itself, is priced about right for somebody that wants exactly what it offers.
Time of year has a big influence on how easy it is to rearrange ADRs plus how flexible you can be in time plus party size.

September through to Christmas is a lot harder to get ADRs than summer.

Value if you are paying is easier if you have kids as the plan is cheap compared to the price of the character meals - so doing those makes it easy. Once you have a ten year old it gets harder.

If you eat the way the plan is designed exactly it can be good - but for longer trips most of us Brits go offsite for a least a couple of days making it harder to get that value.

* DVC OWNERS AT BAY LAKE TOWER *
Elise79 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
12 nights at Bonnet Creek
Unread 23 Feb 20, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
donna1974
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile New disney dining plus option coming?

wdwnt/2020/02/new-disney...g-february-27/
Just seen this for anyone planning disney dining for their holiday
Trip 8 Just me and the boy!
Unread 23 Feb 20, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
The waltons
Getting Excited

The waltons's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

If its to start in 2020 there may not be additional charge as 2020 has already been sold ?
The waltons is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
AKL and RPH
Unread 23 Feb 20, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
MargaretMouse
Imagineer

I wonder if they will still offer the free dining plan. I think this is really good and Thanks so much for posting this information.
Unread 23 Feb 20, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Sounds interesting but I have no idea how they will structure the pricing on that as for people who want just QS I imagine the price will be hiked up as effectively you could have DDP on this package too.
Center Parcs Winter Wonderland
Unread 23 Feb 20, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
donna1974
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Jakey Neverland View Post
Sounds interesting but I have no idea how they will structure the pricing on that as for people who want just QS I imagine the price will be hiked up as effectively you could have DDP on this package too.
No idea, I would imagine those people that would be eating only quick service would stick to the original qs plan and maybe pay out of pocket for a couple of table service meals if required. It will be interesting to see how the pricing of this goes.
Trip 8 Just me and the boy!
Unread 23 Feb 20, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Bertiebear
Imagineer

Thanks for posting. Wonder if this will be an option next year? Makes it more flexible.
Ever After Holidays