Go Back   theDIBB - Disney With A British Accent > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Accommodation
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info
Florida Escapes
Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Unread 25 Feb 20, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
#25
Lemag
Thread Starter
Excited about Disney
 
Join Date: Aug 15
Mobile

Originally Posted by Tiggers Pal View Post
Is it a Disney resort hotel or a Disney partner hotel you have booked? From an earlier post I thought it was a partner hotel but you mention magic bands, Im fairly certain you only get magic bands at Disney Resort hotels and not at partner hotels. We have one night booked at Art of Animation, we had been looking at the partner hotels but that was part of the reason we opted for AoA instead.
Ah yes, Ive just checked and youre quite right! We already have some magic bands from last time so no biggie for us, however if Id realised no magic bands or parking before booking I probably would have picked an on-site value one/campsite instead 👍
Lemag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Easter 2020!
Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Feb 20, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
#26
Raggyavn
slightly serious Dibber
 
Raggyavn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 09
Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
I think you're wrong, sorry. If someone books and pays for a flight, doesn't cancel it but doesn't turn up for it for some reason eg, medical emergency, caught in traffic, then it's assumed that the person won't be flying because they haven't turned up and the seat is then sold to someone else even though the original person has paid and not cancelled. I'd have thought hotels would do the same thing. If someone doesn't check in then they're not actually registered as staying there.
The difference between this case and your analogy is that the aircraft will definitely leave (with or without you), however if you get "stuck in traffic" and turn up at the hotel at 2am it will still be there and you will still want somewhere to lay (your now very) wiry head.
Raggyavn is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Orlando... here we come
Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Feb 20, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
#27
Tiggers Pal
Excited about Disney
 
Tiggers Pal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 18
Location: Scotland
Originally Posted by Lemag View Post
Ah yes, Ive just checked and youre quite right! We already have some magic bands from last time so no biggie for us, however if Id realised no magic bands or parking before booking I probably would have picked an on-site value one/campsite instead 👍
Well at least you wont have a wasted journey to pick them up. Hope it all works out re your fastpasses, Im sure it will be fine.
Tiggers Pal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Last blast as a family of four?
Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Feb 20, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
#28
Nimbus
Imagineer
 
Nimbus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 10
Location: South Manchester

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by JulieB01 View Post
wdwnt/2019/02/wdw-fastpa...-reservations/

Doesn't mention partner hotels per se but I would be wary
That link is all about cancelling a hotel booking. The OP has not said they are going to do that. The OP is paying for their room and all the benefits that come with that payment (and is therefore entitled to those benefits whether they are actually staying in the room or not - they have paid for them after all).

There used to be a weird thing that if you made a hotel reservation and then cancelled a few days before the check in date - and therefore didn't pay anything - then you'd keep all your 60 day fastpasses you booked. Some people were taking advantage of this. Disney has changed that so if you cancel a hotel reservation at any time, then you lose all fastpasses as well.
__________________
DLC: Jun 1995 // DLP: Aug 2013 // WDW: Dec 1997 | Feb 2000 | Mar 2001 | Feb 2006 | Oct 2010 | May 2012 | Aug 2014 | Apr 2016 | Aug 2020

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Anniversary trip to POFQ...
Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 20, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
#29
Elise79
Imagineer
- DIBB Advertiser -
 
Elise79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 07
Just to say when I stayed at the Hilton BVP in November I had to show a card given to me by the hotel to access EMH - I don't know if they all work the same
__________________
Make it YOUR MagicBand with www.magicYOURband.com where we allow you to design your own personalised MagicBand skin - NOW with Custom GLOW IN THE DARK

* DVC OWNERS AT BAY LAKE TOWER *
Elise79 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
12 nights at Bonnet Creek
Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 20, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
#30
Lemag
Thread Starter
Excited about Disney
 
Join Date: Aug 15
Mobile

Originally Posted by Elise79 View Post
Just to say when I stayed at the Hilton BVP in November I had to show a card given to me by the hotel to access EMH - I don't know if they all work the same
Thanks for your reply, this is what I wondered. I emailed the hotel and they said I could link it on MDE which I have done, and that I will be able to use EMH on both days. Im not sure what else I can do other than turn up and hope for the best!
Lemag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Easter 2020!
Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Feb 20, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
#31
Elise79
Imagineer
- DIBB Advertiser -
 
Elise79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 07
Originally Posted by Lemag View Post
Thanks for your reply, this is what I wondered. I emailed the hotel and they said I could link it on MDE which I have done, and that I will be able to use EMH on both days. Im not sure what else I can do other than turn up and hope for the best!
Mine was linked too - if you can swing by and check in on the way it may save being turned away
__________________
Make it YOUR MagicBand with www.magicYOURband.com where we allow you to design your own personalised MagicBand skin - NOW with Custom GLOW IN THE DARK

* DVC OWNERS AT BAY LAKE TOWER *
Elise79 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
12 nights at Bonnet Creek
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

theDIBB Menu


US Dollar Rates
ASDA  $1.2125
Covent Garden FX  $1.2260
M&S  $1.1991
Sainsburys  $1.2061
TESCO  $1.1891
Travelex  $1.2100
Updated: 05:01 02/04/2020

theDIBB Charities
Cancer Research UK
DIBB Members have Donated: £10,130
£


Macmillan Cancer Support
DIBB Members have Donated: £1,085
£

Euro Rates
ASDA  €1.1032
Covent Garden FX  €1.1151
M&S  €1.0885
Sainsburys  €1.0980
TESCO  €1.0820
Travelex  €1.1005
Updated: 05:01 02/04/2020

Orlando Weather
Florida Time
Thu 2nd Apr 12:06am
Now: 15C/59F
Clear Sky
Clear Sky
Cloud Cover: 1%
Wind: 5mph - NE Arrow points to where the wind is coming from.
Pressure: 1015mb
Humidity: 67%
Illuminations Smoke
Updated: 04:00 02/04/2020