Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 26 Feb 20, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Aimee_K
Getting Excited

Port Orleans - French Quarter Or Riverside

If you have stayed at either river side or the French quarter, how did you decide which one? What are the pros and cons?

Sell it to me
Aimee_K is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
BirdsluvDisney
Apprentice Imagineer

POFQ is my fav moderate, Saying that I have never stayed on POR but always take a stroll over when staying at POFQ and really love the look of POR, We also love the QS and TS eateries at POR.

The reason we love POFQ we love the how small it is, How it is only a couple of mins walk to get anywhere.

We like that it only has one bus stop. We like the pool. We love the outlay, the quaintness.

To us it just feels like a really special place, I dont think you can go wrong with either PoFQ or POR.
Old 26 Feb 20, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

I chose Riverside purely because I liked the large grounds with lots of trees, the river... the overall natural theming appealed more to me.
YLL is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Danex
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We stayed at Riverside because we liked having more than one pool.

We normally use the quiet pools at resorts rather than the main pool so liked to have this option.

Having said that guests at either resort are free to use all the pools at both Riverside and French Quarter so you could use them anyway.

Like another PP we liked the grounds and overall theming.

Another factor to consider would be the make up of your party, if you have little children or mobility issues then French Quarter might suit you better as it is much smaller and has only one bus stop.

I don’t think you can go wrong with either resort tbh.
Danex is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

I prefer riverside its far more scenic and relaxing.

We did visit fq a few times as you can use the pool and the food court had some different options I wanted to try but I wasn't a fan of the overall theming. I know a lot of people like the smaller size of fq but I didn't feel por was really that big and it was an enjoyable to stroll to our rooms esp in the evening when it was a bit cooler.

when we were there the boat for disney springs went from por first so there were often limited seats left for picking up at FQ though they did make sure some were left empty
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
kathrynmc
Dibbing with Tink

We stayed at POFQ in 2015, we choose it because it was smaller and had the boat to Disney Springs, we loved it when we were there.

We have booked to go back for a couple of nights during our visit this year.
kathrynmc is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
POFQ 2006
POR. 2019

MUCH preferred POFQ I found POR too big, I didn’t like the main pool at all. Preferred the smaller and more intimate feel of POFQ
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

POFQ for us - smaller, quieter, beautiful, beignets, freestyle machines, nice pool, lovely hot tub, quick boat/bus ride to Disney Springs, one bus stop with good service. Then it’s a short walk/boat ride to use any of POR’s facilities too.

POR would be my second choice of resort though if we couldn’t stay at FQ for some reason.
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
meegraine
Serious Dibber

meegraine's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
We stayed at Riverside in May 2019 and absolutely loved it! Even though it was huge it was so peaceful and beautiful in the evenings. We strolled over to FQ and ate at the food court there but wasn't a huge fan of the offerings. We stayed in one of the mansion style rooms at Riverside and it was lovely, super close to the bus stop and about a 5-7 minute walk to the lobby. Never had to wait more than 10 mins for a bus to show up. Loved taking the boat down to Springs. Honestly cannot fault Riverside, would pick it over any other resort I've stayed in so far!

Next Trip: Canary Islands June, 2023
meegraine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

I've stayed at both and prefer French Quarter. I live in the countryside and being at POR felt a bit like being at home! And I love the theming at FQ, the pool, the food court and the cast members, particularly Jim the Greeter
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List