Go Back   theDIBB - Disney With A British Accent > DIBB Community > DIBBing > General Chat
Forgotten Password?
Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.
Florida Escapes
Unread 26 Feb 20, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
lottiesmum0
VIP Dibber

lottiesmum0's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Joshie1 View Post
On a lighter note when my BIL passed away we couldnt keep up with the hearse on the motorway on the journey to the churchyard where he is buried. It was somewhat apt though as he would have loved it - he never was one who paid much attention to speed limits.
My MIL says that when she passes away she wants the hearse to drive as quickly as it is allowed to! My DH did not believe me so I had to make sure she told him too!
Unread 26 Feb 20, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
littlelish0544
Imagineer

Mobile

My parents house is up a tiny no through road. On the day of my dads funeral we were all in the house waiting for the herse and head a beeping... there was a lorry reversing up the road to deliver flooring to the next door. My brother and i went out to ask if he could olease either oull right tonthe end of the road and wait or go out of the road and wait as the coffin was avout five mins away. He refused. We asked him to please be considerate and just wait a few mins and we had a mouthful about delivery times. I said five mins wont make any difference, you could be held uo anywhere for any readon for that amount of time, please leave the riad clear? We got a mouthful of abuse and he went to reverse at some speed and nearly ran over my brother. I had to bang on the side of the van to stop him. He then very begrudgingly agreed to leave the road, and pulled forward and out, clipping my shoulder with the wing mirror. Just as he had cleared the end of the rd the cars were approaching to turn in. We reported it to the police, they treated it as a road traffic incident and fail to report a collision i think. The driver had to do a driving course, and i think may also have got a fine and points but i cant remember. All he had to do was wait five mins . Thankfully my mother didnt see as the sitting room of the house is not facing out to the front of the road.
Unread 26 Feb 20, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

I even turn the radio off in the car if I pass.I just think its disrespectful to drive past with music playing and singing along.
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
halloween horror nights 30th anni
Unread 27 Feb 20, 02:16 AM  
Link to this Post
anneeb
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Joshie1 View Post
On a lighter note when my BIL passed away we couldnt keep up with the hearse on the motorway on the journey to the churchyard where he is buried. It was somewhat apt though as he would have loved it - he never was one who paid much attention to speed limits.
My dad could hardly keep up with his brother's hearse, he said "Bl###y h#ll Ben, they're making sure they get rid of you quick"
I took my mam to her sister's funeral and we all lost the hearse We had to stop for a fire engine on a call, the hearse went ahead and never checked that we were all following. We then got held up by the ship canal bridge, still no hearse in sight. Luckily they had been delayed so we all didn't miss the funeral.
anneeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
We're all going back again
Unread 27 Feb 20, 02:30 AM  
Link to this Post
pinkstargirl
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I remember a number of years ago, our local paper reported on a lad of 17/18 failing his driving test as he didn't overtake a hearse! He'd been brought up with respect and obviously the examiner hadn't!
Unread 27 Feb 20, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post
joxxxxx
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I got failed for that as well on my driving test!
joxxxxx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 20, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

PPM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 6
The OP said the hearse was not in a procession so there could of been many reasons for the coffin in the back, esp if no flowers with it. It may have been empty, being collected from carpenter, going to collect some one etc etc.
The two cars behind may even have been with the funeral party, and nipping ahead to open up a house in preparation for the arrival.

No one can tell, but these two drivers are being decried on here on half a story.

Far enough if part of a procession, but out on its own youll never know.

If it was my funeral, Id not care as in a wee while Id be toast, and Id not want to inconvenience anyone.
Its one thing we cant avoid.

Im not saying to ignore these vehicle, and yes show respect if you feel that way. ( and I would) but we are all jumping to conclusions here.
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
RC Flying Corfu 2 weeks Aug ( I hope)
Unread 27 Feb 20, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

PPM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by pinkstargirl View Post
I remember a number of years ago, our local paper reported on a lad of 17/18 failing his driving test as he didn't overtake a hearse! He'd been brought up with respect and obviously the examiner hadn't!
By the same token would you not overtake am ambulance? It may have a body inside.

Not the examiners fault, but maybe the government standards that the examiner follows.
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
RC Flying Corfu 2 weeks Aug ( I hope)
Orlando Attractions