Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 27 Feb 20, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
louiseybobs
Imagineer

louiseybobs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Mobile

Would you not overtake a hearse and procession on a dual carriageway? I have before
Old 27 Feb 20, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

When my husband's mum was killed 18 years ago, we couldn't take her from home as the police had locked down her house and we weren't allowed back there. So the funeral cortege went from the funeral home, drove down her road, stopped outside her house, and the head guy from the undertakers got out and walked the cortege up to the top of her road. It was so touching and beautiful, and we kept saying she would have loved this. It was the undertakers' idea.
Old 27 Feb 20, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by louiseybobs View Post
Would you not overtake a hearse and procession on a dual carriageway? I have before
No I’m never in That’s much of a hurry. Even if I’m on my way to a job I will get there when I do.
Mazbar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
almcg
Very Serious Dibber

My husband’s Grandmother died about three years ago. The funeral cortège went from his Aunt’s house, so down through the estate and on to the main road. As soon as we turned left onto the road a driver of a lorry started to blow his horn. This carried on the whole time we were on the road. He could obviously see it was a funeral. So disrespectful and disgusting
almcg is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by almcg View Post
My husband’s Grandmother died about three years ago. The funeral cortège went from his Aunt’s house, so down through the estate and on to the main road. As soon as we turned left onto the road a driver of a lorry started to blow his horn. This carried on the whole time we were on the road. He could obviously see it was a funeral. So disrespectful and disgusting
That's absolutely disgraceful. There was a time lorry drivers were the gentlemen of the roads, together with taxi drivers.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
almcg
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
That's absolutely disgraceful. There was a time lorry drivers were the gentlemen of the roads, together with taxi drivers.
Sadly, I think those days are gone Although I’m sure there are still some good ones somewhere.

Edited at 05:11 PM.
almcg is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We always put our lights on if we are part of a funeral procession too. Is this still the norm?
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by louiseybobs View Post
Just out of respect for the person who has passed and the mourners. Wouldn’t add much to the journey and might make a difference to the loved ones
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
Just out of respect for the person who has passed and the mourners. Wouldn’t add much to the journey and might make a difference to the loved ones
I have been to a couple in the USA and all the cars put purple flashing lights in the roofs and you go through every light and even at red - all cars have to give way for the whole processions regardless of if you have a green light you must yield
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

My mums was not a short run to the crem...

of course people passed.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List