Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 26 Feb 20, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Mobile Anyone had any experience of Hermes?

Checking my auto correct before I start 😂.
Got a parcel on order from QVC coming by Hermes. Always get parcels sent to dhs work cos we are out all day. Got an email saying they tried to deliver it Sunday but there was no one there - obviously. So they tried to re-deliver Monday - they couldn’t find the address - odd when they went Sunday and no one was there but Monday they can’t find it. Tried to contact them you can’t ring it’s just an online bot or then an online chat assistant who said they needed details - postcode etc - which they already had. She told me it would be delivered today between 8-8 but I told her no one would be there after 5. It’s still not been delivered and I have an email waiting it will be between 4 and 8 so again it’s going to go back. But you can’t speak to them. How do you get in touch with them?
I’m thinking if I call QVC they will say to contact Hermes but you can’t.
Ellelledee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post

It is not down to you to contact Hermes (they are pretty uncontactable). You did not make any arrangement with Hermes, your contract is with QVC so you follow up with them and it is up to them to follow up with Hermes.

If they tell you to try and contact Hermes, refuse and remind them that you have no business contract with Hermes, only they do.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
It is not down to you to contact Hermes (they are pretty uncontactable). You did not make any arrangement with Hermes, your contract is with QVC so you follow up with them and it is up to them to follow up with Hermes.

If they tell you to try and contact Hermes, refuse and remind them that you have no business contract with Hermes, only they do.
Thanks for that. I got an email on Sunday saying they had tried to deliver it and would try the day after. But then Monday they emailled saying they couldn’t and asking me to contact them - how?
I know full well it’s not been delivered as DH is home so I know I am going to get another email. They didn’t give me any option to offer an alternative address just a “safe place” but it’s on an industrial estate I don’t want it left somewhere there. I’ll wait for their email tonight saying it’s not arrived and I’ll contact QVC.
Ellelledee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Ellelledee View Post
Thanks for that. I got an email on Sunday saying they had tried to deliver it and would try the day after. But then Monday they emailled saying they couldn’t and asking me to contact them - how?
I know full well it’s not been delivered as DH is home so I know I am going to get another email. They didn’t give me any option to offer an alternative address just a “safe place” but it’s on an industrial estate I don’t want it left somewhere there. I’ll wait for their email tonight saying it’s not arrived and I’ll contact QVC.
I can only reiterate. Don't waste your energy on Hermes, you will not get anywhere and it is neither your moral nor legal responsibility to follow up with them. QVC engaged Hermes not you. Leave it to them.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
borntoshop
Imagineer

Next use them and they are terrible. A parcel was delivered today but they didn't put the note in the outside post box, they put it through the letter box so the younger dog had chewed it up and all I could make out was a B? Behind car/bin/gates, no checked them all. It was in the general waste bin with this morning rubbish on top, yuk.
borntoshop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Mobile

Hermes are absolutely usefulness where I live (so are amazon who I have now totally ditched ) - I have 24/7 Concierge who deal with matters for me but Hermes keep doing failed delivery as do amazon - it can’t be that hard as I live in a London landmark building and John Lewis manage it without fail . I refuse to go and collect any delivery that has been correctly addressed to me - their customers loss !
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Mobile

Still no sign of the parcel. I’ve just called QVC and told her. She even knew when I said you can’t contact Hermes - she said she will try and contact their side of the carrier to advise that no one will be around to accept the parcel after 4. She said give them til Friday and if it hasn’t arrived get back to them and they will look into it for me.
Old 26 Feb 20, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Here you go

Hermes: 0330 333 6556.≈Contact Hermes≈Group by≈calling≈their local-rate≈phone≈number 0330 333 6556 in order to speak to a customer service advisor about your≈Hermes≈parcel delivery or≈myHermes≈parcel drop-off service.
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ellelledee View Post
Checking my auto correct before I start 😂.
Got a parcel on order from QVC coming by Hermes. Always get parcels sent to dhs work cos we are out all day. Got an email saying they tried to deliver it Sunday but there was no one there - obviously. So they tried to re-deliver Monday - they couldn’t find the address - odd when they went Sunday and no one was there but Monday they can’t find it. Tried to contact them you can’t ring it’s just an online bot or then an online chat assistant who said they needed details - postcode etc - which they already had. She told me it would be delivered today between 8-8 but I told her no one would be there after 5. It’s still not been delivered and I have an email waiting it will be between 4 and 8 so again it’s going to go back. But you can’t speak to them. How do you get in touch with them?
I’m thinking if I call QVC they will say to contact Hermes but you can’t.
My Hermes used to be so good (IMO and experience!) but changing my mind. I have just had an email saying the same thing as you, but they have been here before. Can't use the online bot and customer service closes at 6. Everyone else finds us and they've found us before will let you know how I get on - otherwise I will be contacting White Company

Keep us updated!
Old 26 Feb 20, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
kadypants
slightly serious Dibber

I know this doesn't really help, but I try to avoid My Hermes wherever possible after they threw £200 worth of handmade wedding jewellery over my garden gate in the rain! When I got home from work I found the sodden parcel by total accident, no note was left, but fortunately the person I ordered the jewellery from had packaged it really, really well so it wasn't damaged.

I hope you get your deliveries soon, but like others said I would definitely feed back to the original supplier i.e. QVC to tell them about the experience you have been having. It's just not good enough is it!
kadypants is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List