Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 27 Feb 20, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
I know I am probably over reacting but flu doesn’t appear over night. Symptoms start slow and steady.
If he had not fought on Saturday in an area that people had traveled to from across the country then I would not even bat an eyelid.
In my experience, that’s exactly how my flu started. Fine the night before, throwing up by the morning.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Most likely 100% over reaction

Just rang 111 and explained his symptoms. Their main concern was that he has been in contact with people that we have no idea where they have been (if and where they have recently traveled to etc )
But just to be safe do not let him near his sister who has type 1 diabetes.
Other than that just monitor his symptoms.
Panic over
surely this is everyone literally every day?
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I have a very bad cold at the moment, migraine, runny nose, sore throat and cough, but it’s just a cold.
It’s good you rang 111 for your peace of mind, but it’s much more likely to be a cold than covid-19.
Old 27 Feb 20, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

It is a worry being a parent, but would gently suggest that it is an over reaction. I am in the West and work in a pharmacy. Every other customer at the moment has a bit of a sore throat and a cough.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

My sister is in bed with diagnosed Viral Flu at present, its doing the rounds apparently.
That started as a sore throat and a slight cough. Within a day she was in bed really ill. Having had flu twice before (she is susceptible & has had pleurisy before) so she did know that it was flu but her husband still rang the doctors because of her history. Doctor came and confirmed it was Flu. I have just come back from Canada where both DH & I had sore throats, his went within a day mine turned into a cold.
Thats the main trouble its the time for colds and flu & the media is causing panic causing people to suspect COVID-19 which is understandable in the present situation.
Old 27 Feb 20, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
surely this is everyone literally every day?
No because because he was in boxing with spit etc flying everywhere. Hugging, close contact etc
I do hope the general public don’t do that in Tesco lol
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
lovemickey
Imagineer

Mobile

It’s good you’ve put your mind at rest and I understand your concerns having read previous posts about your daughter.
But we’re coming in to daily contact with people whom we don’t know where they’ve been, the nhs is going to get overwhelmed really quickly if everyone is ringing them about sore throats and coughs, especially given it’s that time of year.
lovemickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

No because because he was in boxing with spit etc flying everywhere. Hugging, close contact etc
I do hope the general public don’t do that in Tesco lol
they do in our local morrisons

seriously though would have to close all sports clubs/gyms/pools etc etc if that was considered a risk
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Clairelovestate View Post
I have a very bad cold at the moment, migraine, runny nose, sore throat and cough, but it’s just a cold.
It’s good you rang 111 for your peace of mind, but it’s much more likely to be a cold than covid-19.
Definitely 👍🏻
If he had not been boxing with other boxing clubs from all over the U.K. I would not even bat an eyelid.
Also because my daughter is type 1 diabetic we are extra careful.
The gentleman was really good at and advised that they (sister & brother) stay completely apart for now.
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post

Just rang 111 and explained his symptoms. Their main concern was that he has been in contact with people that we have no idea where they have been (if and where they have recently traveled to etc )
That is bizarre. The people manning the 111 phones must be deeply concerned for the whole population then as we surely all come into contact with people every day and have no idea where they have been. My DH is currently sharing a train with hundreds of others on the way into London.