Go Back   theDIBB - Disney With A British Accent > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Accommodation
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info
Unread 27 Feb 20, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
gbr78
A Guest at All-Stars

Is it normal for on-site hotels to disappear?

Cryptic title? Yes indeed!

I've been tracking prices for the last few weeks for Easter 2021. Virgin and Tui have been my 'go to' places, and i've posted a couple of times about the prices that they've offered.

I've just this moment tried both of their sites to find the hotels offerings now minimal, with Port Orleans in particular (but many others too) just disappearing from their list of available hotels for our dates. Is this normal as we get closer to Disney releasing their plans? Or have we just shot ourselves in the foot waiting for general release?
gbr78 is online now Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 20, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Yes, it's very normal and will happen a lot between now and Disney's official launch for 2021. Nothing to worry about

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip 29th March - 12th April 2017
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana!
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Planning Japan - 2021 birthday surprise!
Unread 27 Feb 20, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
gbr78
A Guest at All-Stars

Thanks! That's reassuring.

Do they tend to come back at a lower price when they reappear?
gbr78 is online now Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Feb 20, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
Imagineer

Claudette's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by gbr78 View Post
Cryptic title? Yes indeed!

I've been tracking prices for the last few weeks for Easter 2021. Virgin and Tui have been my 'go to' places, and i've posted a couple of times about the prices that they've offered.

I've just this moment tried both of their sites to find the hotels offerings now minimal, with Port Orleans in particular (but many others too) just disappearing from their list of available hotels for our dates. Is this normal as we get closer to Disney releasing their plans? Or have we just shot ourselves in the foot waiting for general release?

There is an explanation for this. The prices you have seen to date were guesses by TUI and Virgin as Disney have not (until about an hour ago) released room allocations to TAs for 2021 bookings.

Disney has just today released rooms and prices to the TAs so I imagine that they are busy determining what their allocation and costs are and putting together the "real" prices, i.e. prices based on facts not the guesstimates that have been advertised previously.

You most definitely have not shot yourself in the foot by waiting, you have done yourself a favour. Had you booked and then they found they didn't get the expected allocation from Disney, they would have had to cancel or change your booking anyway.

Edited at 03:48 PM.
Claudette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
NY & Disney 2020