Notices

Old 28 Feb 21, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
RachaelC
VIP Dibber

Volunteering at vaccination centre

I did my first shift at our local GP led vaccination centre this morning and I had the best time.

I had volunteered for an “outdoor” role and was stationed by the door checking that no one had any Covid symptoms before directing them inside.

Everyone was so cheerful and grateful to be getting their vaccine, it was such a buzz! I must have spoken to about 200 people in the 2 hours I was there. It was the most social contact I’ve had in a year, I hope I’m lucky enough to get the opportunity to do it again.
RachaelC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 21, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by RachaelC View Post
I did my first shift at our local GP led vaccination centre this morning and I had the best time.

I had volunteered for an “outdoor” role and was stationed by the door checking that no one had any Covid symptoms before directing them inside.

Everyone was so cheerful and grateful to be getting their vaccine, it was such a buzz! I must have spoken to about 200 people in the 2 hours I was there. It was the most social contact I’ve had in a year, I hope I’m lucky enough to get the opportunity to do it again.
How lovely you got to do this
Thank you 😊😊xx
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 21, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitchesmumanddad
VIP Dibber

How absolutely fabulous ! Well done you
I cannot wait till I get mine and then everyone else does and then we are free !
Im 55 so not long to wait

I generally travel solo and fully retired so my free n easy lifestyle may NOT match family travelling / work requirements , especially in these difficult times - so please apply my answers accordingly
Stitchesmumanddad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 21, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
mojo.121
Excited about Disney

Well done you, I’ve been doing it for about 5 weeks now and still get a buzz out of it. It’s so nice to see happy people coming through and being able to speak to different people even if it is only a few word.
Keep up your great work.
M.
mojo.121 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 21, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
enjibenji
Imagineer

enjibenji's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Well done you!
Old 28 Feb 21, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Well done, I had my first Covid vaccine yesterday and those volunteers at my vaccination hub were fantastic, mines at Sheffield arena which is massive and I wasn’t sure where I’d go but from pulling into car park there were people telling you exactly where to park , the point out which door to use , someone there greets you asks you to sanitizer your hands and put one of their face masks on and inside there were loads of people ensuring you knew exactly where to go, polite, talkative an£ very efficient they really did all work well together x
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 21, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
RachaelC
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mojo.121 View Post
Well done you, I’ve been doing it for about 5 weeks now and still get a buzz out of it. It’s so nice to see happy people coming through and being able to speak to different people even if it is only a few word.
Keep up your great work.
M.
I don’t know when I might get a chance again - there are so many people on the volunteer register that they’re offering slots to people who haven’t done it before. Great that there’s such a large volume of people willing to help out though.

I also have to confess that I enjoyed the break from my family. I love them all dearly, but some time apart did wonders for me 😂
RachaelC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 21, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

This is lovely to hear. ❤️ I have been to our local vaccine centre twice in the last week and everyone there was so lovely, happy and welcoming. Both times I had one of my boys with me (for their jabs) and they had a joke with them about looking young for 65 etc. They were amazing with my SEN son on Friday who was very visibly nervous and then almost passed out after the jab too 🙈😂
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 21, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Account Timed Out

Originally Posted by RachaelC View Post

Thank you (and every other volunteer too) for what you are doing. Had my first jab today - everyone I met at the centre was upbeat, positive and very helpful. I think it’s amazing what you are all doing and achieving- I’m so grateful to you all.
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 21, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Good clear communication and signage is essential so that it is safe and reduces peoples anxiety,.