Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Jun 21, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Andy View Post
Who?
Consider the source though !
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 21, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Robblps View Post
Covid will never end, I think the Government have this extra month to vaccinate people, then it just has to carry on like normal. You'll never get everyone vaccinated as loads of people dont want it, so you cant stop the country when you've vaccinated everyone who wanted it. It wouldn't shock me if these variant numbers are falsified in order to extend this for 4 weeks and give more time for the vaccination process to work. I also wouldn't be shocked if this was all discussed in the G7 and the US Corridor opens August 1st. Maybe thats me just being hopeful though.
Viruses don’t end , they are contained . In the early sixties polio and TB were still common in the U.K. ... they still exist but are no longer killers in the U.K. due to inoculation and herd immunity .
I don’t think it’s true “lots of people don’t want it” . I actually don’t personally know anyone who has refused it. When last week booking for vaccines opened to the 30 down to 25 group the app went nuts , over a million people booked on the first day alone.
I think the timing of announcing the delay just after G7 isn’t a coincidence , I think a delay is part of the process of agreement to have a U.K./US corridor in August.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 21, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
KitCat2019
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Viruses don’t end , they are contained . In the early sixties polio and TB were still common in the U.K. ... they still exist but are no longer killers in the U.K. due to inoculation and herd immunity .
I don’t think it’s true “lots of people don’t want it” . I actually don’t personally know anyone who has refused it. When last week booking for vaccines opened to the 30 down to 25 group the app went nuts , over a million people booked on the first day alone.
I think the timing of announcing the delay just after G7 isn’t a coincidence , I think a delay is part of the process of agreement to have a U.K./US corridor in August.
Unfortunately I do know several people who won't have the vaccine. One view from a close friend (so very surprised) was that she was fit and healthy, wasn't having something not properly tested and... she didn't need to have it as everyone around her was vaccinated so she was protected by them... I had to walk away.

Trying to staying positive. Wavering slightly but no point in giving now, may as well wait it out.
KitCat2019 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 21, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Robblps
Very Serious Dibber

The factory I work in, lots of people have turned down the vaccine. Most are foreigners living here too. I'd easily say its about 10% of people around here have turned it down. I think this is why in Wales we are ahead of schedule so much for the vaccines
Robblps is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 21, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

Sorry but have you been hiding under a rock for the last 15 months, this isnt the 2nd variant, its the 4th variant that is concerning to the WHO and in between there have been minor variants.
When it starts to settle, I can guarantee a new 'potentially' worst and 'potentially' vaccine resistant variant will suddenly be discovered. It happens every time.

We have been controlled by scaremongering for 15 months and its impossible to separate fact and fiction now.

Originally Posted by Donnalou36 View Post
Hopefully by then this second variant will be under control.
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 21, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
MellyElly
Excited about Disney

Well i just booked my boo bash tickets with a £50 deposit of ATD , includes free covid cover incase my holiday doesnt go ahead.

also if you want to laugh at people against the vaccine google "white rabbit healing glasgow" its a therapist i used to go to for massages etc... she has refused to see anyone who has had the "injection" (Cause its not a vaccine according to her) ... she spouts big anti vaxxer energy on instagram... she blocked me hahah

Edited at 10:34 AM.
MellyElly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 21, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sprocket View Post
Sorry but have you been hiding under a rock for the last 15 months, this isnt the 2nd variant, its the 4th variant that is concerning to the WHO and in between there have been minor variants.
When it starts to settle, I can guarantee a new 'potentially' worst and 'potentially' vaccine resistant variant will suddenly be discovered. It happens every time.

We have been controlled by scaremongering for 15 months and its impossible to separate fact and fiction now.
Is your qualification in virology or paranoia ?
Old 15 Jun 21, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMemories
Apprentice Imagineer

I am very optimistic we will go. Sorry to harp on - I can't decide if to try and move one of my flights to end of July or sit tight.
DisneyMemories is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 21, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Pupbelly
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by DisneyMemories View Post
I am very optimistic we will go. Sorry to harp on - I can't decide if to try and move one of my flights to end of July or sit tight.
I would be VERY surprised if you do get to go to be honest, if your countdown of 33 days is correct sadly I think it is unlikely you will get the green light to go, so I'd start making some enquiries to alter things if I were you
Pupbelly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 21, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
IndianaMac
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MellyElly View Post
Well i just booked my boo bash tickets with a £50 deposit of ATD , includes free covid cover incase my holiday doesnt go ahead.

also if you want to laugh at people against the vaccine google "white rabbit healing glasgow" its a therapist i used to go to for massages etc... she has refused to see anyone who has had the "injection" (Cause its not a vaccine according to her) ... she spouts big anti vaxxer energy on instagram... she blocked me hahah
Ditto re: the Boo Bash tickets, booked via ATD (with the Covid cover), for our last night, 24th August... If it's goes ahead, awesome way to end our hols 😎
IndianaMac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List