Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 26 Jun 21, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsCullen
Apprentice Imagineer

MrsCullen's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Sketchers.. but I always use them for the NHS Discount
2010, All Star Music
2012, All Star Music
2014, Caribbean Beach
MrsCullen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 21, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Bondy007
Imagineer

For me it'll either be Skechers or Reebok Classics, only ever wear trainers so don't suspect that will change before August next year!
Standard cheap flip flops when we're having a pool day though.
Old 27 Jun 21, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
TigerMom
Apprentice Imagineer

I have plantar fascitis so have to have sandals with good arch support. Fitflops, Teva and Vionic are the best for me. Teva on ride days, fitflops for non ride days and Vionic for evenings.
TigerMom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 21, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
deeley
Imagineer

Mobile

Skechers flip flops.
Covid cancelled Aug 2020!
Back to NYC Dec 22
deeley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 21, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Teva’s are the best walking sandals for me.
So comfortable, even when wet but they also dry really quickly.
I have narrow feet so prefer Vera/Terra styles than the originals.
Still just as comfortable three years on.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 21, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
lovestoplan
slightly serious Dibber

Sketchers flip flops...like walking on clouds! Comfortable for walking and great at drying quickly when needed.
lovestoplan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 21, 11:52 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaFi
Very Serious Dibber

I live I havaianas or Birkenstocks. Trainers are too hot and give me heat rash around the sock tops.
FloridaFi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 21, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Healthcare29
Trying for More Ears

Use to buy whatever was the cheapest £10-£20 sandals all my life until my wife treated me & bought a pair for me in the £60-£80 price range (can't remember exactly) & never looked back, seriously comfortable & well worth the price difference.
I will say always get ones with a back heel strap too as feet comfort walking in Florida for miles a day is not to be taken lightly particularly for the older ones, like me.
Healthcare29 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 21, 01:43 AM  
Link to this Post
kikimouse
Apprentice Imagineer

Been twice, both times in August. Love my fitflops but I always get one with straps around the ankle. Then normal Crocs flipflops on pool days. Always so comfy
kikimouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 21, 06:02 AM  
Link to this Post
pretty_lucky
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by lovestoplan View Post
Sketchers flip flops...like walking on clouds! Comfortable for walking and great at drying quickly when needed.
I now have Skechers GOGA MAX sandals too. I think they’re maybe better for the feet/toes as you don’t walk differently to when wearing normal shoes. I think you sort of grab on to flipflops with your toes (without awareness). Until last year I always used flipflops in Florida theme parks (and UK if whether permitted!) but now it’s the sandals. Not particularly pretty but I’m beyond worrying about that!

Previously I had two designs of flip flops that I just loved. Each time I wore them down (or lost one temporarily!), I replaced them. The first were Billabong and weren’t ever slippery on my feet at all, even in the Florida downpours and puddles. My favourites though were leather O'Neill's. I couldn’t replace them for love nor money so just wore them until there was barely anything between my feet and the occasional theme park stone, not to mention the slippiness when wet. They’d been with me 18 years when I finally replaced them with Skechers flipflops. May they rest in peace.

Edited at 06:10 AM.
pretty_lucky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List