Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 26 Jul 21, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
JSP
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sally42 View Post
Can I just add something. Everyone saying that there’s nothing to it and it was simple please just think. Maybe you did t have a problem but unfortunately many do, including me. I actually passed out due to the pain.
I’m not suggesting this would happen to the op by any means, but it’s not a ‘One colonoscopy fits all’.
Sorry to rant, but we are all different and all I’d suggest is keep an open mind. You may sail through it, you may not.
That would put the fear of god into me!
Old 26 Jul 21, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

Sorry you had a bad experience Sally. Thanks for the heads up. Really dreading it.

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MariaLynda View Post
Sorry you had a bad experience Sally. Thanks for the heads up. Really dreading it.
Don’t dread it ML. You’d can see from the thread that one ‘reported’ experience is different from the rest - chances are very high you will be absolutely fine. I really think if you cant relax it may be more uncomfortable. I found the nursing staff amazing and put my mind right at ease and I suffer from anxiety . Also it is better to find out if there is an issue there and then than later and cutting off any polyps is quite normal (again I didnt feel it at all)
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
enjibenji
Imagineer

enjibenji's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Can I just add something. Everyone saying that there’s nothing to it and it was simple please just think. Maybe you did t have a problem but unfortunately many do, including me. I actually passed out due to the pain.
I’m not suggesting this would happen to the op by any means, but it’s not a ‘One colonoscopy fits all’.
Sorry to rant, but we are all different and all I’d suggest is keep an open mind. You may sail through it, you may not.
Yes but we are saying what happened to us. I had a very horrendous hysteroscopy twice and due another one in 6 months, I'm going to be knocked out for that. I have read that some people have had that done and gone back to work 😳 but like I say everyone is different.
enjibenji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
TigerMom
Apprentice Imagineer

I had one last year. As others have said the prep is the worst bit. I had sedation and it's very mild. An hour after it I felt completely fine.
TigerMom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYALI
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Mobile

I have to have them every couple of years the prep day is the worst do not go out make sure you're near toilet, moist wipes and Sudocrem is your friend. I always have the sedation because I find it more comfortable and find you come round quite quickly afterwards but you cannot drive.
DISNEYALI is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

Thanks everyone, and MF I know you are probably right. I will wait to see what date I have it before I worry too much. Xx

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
sharonb
Imagineer

That’s exactly what happened to me the first one I had, when the tube hit my tumour the pain was the worst I have ever felt but bless the doctor doing it he shouted at the nurse to give me more sedation and I woke up in the recovery room.

I have had a few since and it was like everyone else says the prep is the worst and the procedure itself is fine but I always have sedation, in fact they won’t do it without sedation because of the scaring from having the tumour removed.

Good luck when you have it.

Sharon

Sh
May 2004 villa in Kissimmee
April 2005 villa in Kissimmee
May 2006 HRH, Hilton Grand Vacation I Drive, Villa on Rolling Hills
Christmas 2006, Fairfield Inn, LBV
Christmas 2007, Springhill Suites LBV, Hard Rock Hotel, POFQ
July/Aug 2008 5 weeks CSR, HGVC Seaworld, HRH

Future Trips: Orlando Aug 09
Orlando Christmas 09 with Mum and Dad
sharonb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
sharonb
Imagineer

Please don’t worry the reason it hurt for both Sally and I was we were both diagnosed with bowel cancer so the pain we both felt was from the camera hitting the tumour not from just polyps which most people have.

Sharon
May 2004 villa in Kissimmee
April 2005 villa in Kissimmee
May 2006 HRH, Hilton Grand Vacation I Drive, Villa on Rolling Hills
Christmas 2006, Fairfield Inn, LBV
Christmas 2007, Springhill Suites LBV, Hard Rock Hotel, POFQ
July/Aug 2008 5 weeks CSR, HGVC Seaworld, HRH

Future Trips: Orlando Aug 09
Orlando Christmas 09 with Mum and Dad
sharonb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Try not to worry, I have had lots (probably had over 10)

For me always take a sedation, the worst bit is the prep before x