Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 10 Aug 21, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
krisbainy
New Poster (2)

TUI Alamo Car Rental Problem

Booked for July 22, 4 adults and 2 children. I received a 'free' car rental. Just checked the booking having received an amendment notification and can see that TUI/Alamo have allocated us 2 basic cars for the 2 weeks. Only problem is, only 1 of the adults has a driving licence. Currently arguing that nowhere in the booking did it have 2 cars mentioned. I've asked them to change the car rental to something suitable for 6 people but havent heard back for 2 weeks now. Plenty of time to resolve, but given the problems with car rentals I'd be happier getting it sorted now. Anyone had a similar experience with TUI?
krisbainy is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 21, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
jim jehosofat
Imagineer

I think you'll find it hidden in their Ts&Cs that groups of 5 or over will be allocated two cars, but that you can ask to upgrade to a larger vehicle. However, the "free" car rarely includes sufficient insurances and to upgrade these it can be cheaper to book the car hire seperately. Try discountfloridacarhire/ They're highly recommeded by Dibbers.
jim jehosofat is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 21, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
From what I've read on here and responded to over the past 17+ years I would hazard a fairly confident guess that unless you've upgraded the insurance from their basic then, just as JJ says, it might cost you a fortune to upgrade. You need CDW with no excess and $1m SLI.

You've probably only got $25k SLI - injure someone in a crash that was your fault with only $25k SLI - hello bankruptcy.

If I were you with nearly a year to go I'd sit tight for a while. Wait for the car supply issue to settle down as we all hope it will then get a price from Andy at DFCH (which will be fully insured). At the same time ask Tui for resolution of what car you really need and a price to include full insurance. If Andy beats those Tui prices just ditch the (alleged) free car.

Mick

PS welcome to the DIBB by the way. The contributors to the driving sub-forum are a friendly and helpful bunch.

Edited at 06:31 PM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 23, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Frustrated 1
First POST

Originally Posted by krisbainy View Post
Booked for July 22, 4 adults and 2 children. I received a 'free' car rental. Just checked the booking having received an amendment notification and can see that TUI/Alamo have allocated us 2 basic cars for the 2 weeks. Only problem is, only 1 of the adults has a driving licence. Currently arguing that nowhere in the booking did it have 2 cars mentioned. I've asked them to change the car rental to something suitable for 6 people but havent heard back for 2 weeks now. Plenty of time to resolve, but given the problems with car rentals I'd be happier getting it sorted now. Anyone had a similar experience with TUI?
We are having the same , they have only booked us one car which has 5 seats and we asked for a 7 seater . They want us to pay another 650 pounds which will be a total of 1650 pounds for a car that is only 800 pounds to hire . We are requesting legal advice !
Frustrated 1 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List