Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 16 Sep 21, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Geordieprincess View Post
After going to Ibiza in August and feeling the whole abroad thing is just too much hassle we’ve decided to stay in this country. We are doing a couple of days in Leeds then 4 in Manchester. Son (15) likes city breaks/sightseeing/museums, daughter (11) likes fun/challenging activities. So we have planned :
Forbidden corner at Leyburn on way down
Day in Leeds, armouries museum, Thackeray medical museum, looking around the city, Ninja Warrior course.
Yorkshire sculpture park on way to Manchester.
Indoor skydiving, chill factor snow park, I’m a celebrity jungle challenge, imperial war museum north, science and engineering museum, Friends cafe in Primark, Boujee pink restaurant, Alchemist Salford Quays.
Then stop off at Bradford science and media museum on way home.
Daughter is actually really excited and looking forward to it more than going abroad (which says something for the queen of pool holidays!)
That all sounds fabulous, but wow! I’m knackered just reading that itinerary 😂 Are you doing a trip report? I’d love to know what you think of the Imperial War Museum and Chill Factore. I have family in Manchester and have thought of doing these before but never quite get around to it!
Floridadreams is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 21, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Donz1979
Imagineer

Mobile

Im having a new kitchen fitted 😳 happy holidays!
Should have been in Florida for half term.
Donz1979 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 21, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Geordieprincess
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Floridadreams View Post
That all sounds fabulous, but wow! I’m knackered just reading that itinerary 😂 Are you doing a trip report? I’d love to know what you think of the Imperial War Museum and Chill Factore. I have family in Manchester and have thought of doing these before but never quite get around to it!
Haha yes - planned with the same military precision as a Florida holiday!
I don’t have the patience for a full on trip report but I might write a quick summary!
Geordieprincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 21, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Geordieprincess View Post
Haha yes - planned with the same military precision as a Florida holiday!
I don’t have the patience for a full on trip report but I might write a quick summary!
Perfect! I’ll look out for it!
Have a fab time
Floridadreams is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 21, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
mrmoo123
Imagineer

I'm waiting to see what todays announcement brings but will definitely be after some sunshine. Took 2 weeks off for a staycation in August and hated it. Oh how I smiled whist sat on a cloudy beach in lowestoft wishing I was in Anna Maria Island.

I think for us will either be Cyprus or the Canaries as both should still be fairly warm in October.
Old 16 Sep 21, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
RM2016
Imagineer

RM2016's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Getting a bit limited with weather by half term, would love Turkey but not looking too promising. Other than that Cyprus or the Canaries for us.
RM2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 21, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
MOUSEMARSH
VIP Dibber

We decided it was to risky for abroad due to work commitments etc, we had a week staycation in August and now booked 5 days in Wells Next the Sea in Norfolk for half term, weather probably wont be up to much but I will be away from the office and more importantly my Mobile Phone. Quality time with DW, DD, SIL, DS and his Girlfriend.

If I added it all up I probably could have bought a 4 Bed Detached House
MOUSEMARSH is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 21, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
smelli
VIP Dibber

Plan B leads to Fuerteventura... having had hits and misses with weather on holibobs in various med destinations Heat was on the menu .. I know the weather is warm in the med but hoping for hot ! If Turkey was an option it would be there,but knowing people out there I know how bad a season it has been for them and how much has closed early
Old 16 Sep 21, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Donz1979
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mrmoo123 View Post
I'm waiting to see what todays announcement brings but will definitely be after some sunshine. Took 2 weeks off for a staycation in August and hated it. Oh how I smiled whist sat on a cloudy beach in lowestoft wishing I was in Anna Maria Island.

I think for us will either be Cyprus or the Canaries as both should still be fairly warm in October.
Todays announcement?
Donz1979 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 21, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Donz1979 View Post
Todays announcement?
news.sky/story/travel-la...-week-12406937

looks like tomorrow now
novocastrian is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List