Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 19 Sep 21, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
millerj
Helping Minnie

Travelling after Covid?

Having a bit of a panic this evening. We had our New York/Mexico holiday for October cancelled earlier this week (5th holiday cancelled since March 2020)
Spent 2 days in deliberation and booked a week in Corfu from 16th October and spent all weekend excited and planning
Done DS12 usual Sunday evening pre school LFT and it’s come up as positive!
He had been at a sporting competition all day absolutely no symptoms
PCR booked for tomorrow but now in a panic as can’t quite understand the rules
He has to take a LFT 48 hours prior to travel or to be exempt had to have had a positive PCR 30 to 180 days prior to travel - we are on day 25 so I think that means we can’t use the exemption process but now really concerned that a LFT can show positive for up to 90 days after initial test.
This will mean potentially he will test positive again 48 hours before travel or worse he gets randomly sampled on arrival and tests positive putting us all in a Greek government quarantine facility for 10 days
This is the first time through Covid that I could actually just sit and cry as this has tipped me over the edge

Apologies for rant DH is so laid back his attitude is just wait and see but I am a planner and find that really difficult to do
millerj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 21, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

If it’s just a LFT that he has to take, I’m sure he’ll be fine. By the time DH, DS16 and myself were out of isolation our lateral flow tests were showing as negative. Probably a good time to get it because it now means he’s not likely to get it again before you go. Please try not to worry.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 21, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
RM2016
Imagineer

RM2016's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
As above, as it’s only a LFT to get into Corfu you should have no issues. Your twice weekly home tests should reassure you that that you will get a negative result.
RM2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
staceyb
Apprentice Imagineer

Our DD caught covid from her childminders and I then caught it from her 18 days before our trip. We did our lateral flows Friday evening and both negative and here now in sunny Rhodes. I did do a lateral flow of my own before doing the official chronomics ones just to be sure lol xx
staceyb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List