Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 23 Oct 21, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post

Change of plan..

So we are booked for next May half term, Newport Bay for four nights with DS, DIL and GD.

DIL wanted to do a day trip to Paris for GD to see Eiffel Tower, I was a bit stressed about it.

Anyways new plan, we are now flying a day earlier, will stay near the Eiffel Tower the first night , do sightseeing that day ( land at 2 pm) and maybe an evening river cruise and head to Disney the next day!

Our flight home is 9 pm on the Friday so best part of 5 days to track the Princesses down!

If anyone has any recs for a nice hotel near the Eiffel Tower I would be very grateful!
Has to be within walking distance for a 4 year old!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 21, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Nanna Frozen View Post
So we are booked for next May half term, Newport Bay for four nights with DS, DIL and GD.

DIL wanted to do a day trip to Paris for GD to see Eiffel Tower, I was a bit stressed about it.

Anyways new plan, we are now flying a day earlier, will stay near the Eiffel Tower the first night , do sightseeing that day ( land at 2 pm) and maybe an evening river cruise and head to Disney the next day!

Our flight home is 9 pm on the Friday so best part of 5 days to track the Princesses down!

If anyone has any recs for a nice hotel near the Eiffel Tower I would be very grateful!
Has to be within walking distance for a 4 year old!
We stayed in Montmartre which isn't what you asked but wanted to say the Metro is incredibly good at getting you around. We were walking distance to Moulin Rouge.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 21, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

If you land at 2pm you really won’t have much time for sightseeing. Maybe just do one thing that day and save another whole day of the trip to see all the sights in Paris as well. It is really easy.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 21, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

We stayed in a Campanile near the Eiffel Tower, very basic but clean. Hotels in Paris are stupidly expensive, and you are hardly going to be in your room.
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 21, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Here’s an idea. Stay in Montparnasse and go up the Montparnasse tower instead. Cheaper, less queuing, and you get an amazing view of the Eiffel Tower. You will see its beautiful light show.

Also lots of places to eat around there, we had a superb burger at a place nearby.
Old 23 Oct 21, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
If you land at 2pm you really won’t have much time for sightseeing. Maybe just do one thing that day and save another whole day of the trip to see all the sights in Paris as well. It is really easy.
I think they only want to see the Eiffel Tower!

I reckon we can get a river cruise in and the Eiffel Tower in early evening , not even sure if they will go up the Tower or just want to see/visit it.

Don’t think the our four year old grandaughter will be 5hat bothered to be honest but her mummy really wants her to see it.
If they want to visit Paris another day they can I suppose.
Prices are ridiculous really for next May for one night it’s around £1000 for two rooms at a four star hotel I will keep looking!
Old 23 Oct 21, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

As I said, we stay cheap and cheerful in Paris. Hotels are crazy expensive.
Old 23 Oct 21, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
RM2016
Imagineer

RM2016's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Myself and my daughters stayed in the Novotel Tour De Eiffel. Did the job for what we wanted to see and do. The company we used for the sightseeing river cruise is also in the same area.
RM2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 21, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by RM2016 View Post
Myself and my daughters stayed in the Novotel Tour De Eiffel. Did the job for what we wanted to see and do. The company we used for the sightseeing river cruise is also in the same area.
What was the hotel like? I’m just conscious we have a four year old and don’t want to feel ‘uncomfortable’ if you know what I mean. Which company did you use for your sightseeing cruise ?
Thank you.
Old 23 Oct 21, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Novotel are a great chain for kids. Never had an issue and some even have a little treasure chest in reception for children to pick a little cuddly toy.
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List