Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 2 Nov 21, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Donz1979
Imagineer

Mobile New Kitchen

So last monday my new kitchen started, being told it would take a week (wickes).
Lads came monday ripped it out, plasterer didnt turn up till 1.30 tues which then rolled into wed, finishing 2pm. Fitter then didnt come back until 12.15 Thursday to build units. Friday started fitting units and realised hob, drawers and wine cooler not delivered.
Annoyed no one had told me items missing. Floor units fitted, worktops on. Fitters didnt turn up at all Monday.
Is it just me or is this unacceptable?! Not sure when it will be finished.
Donz1979 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 21, 08:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
As a Tradesman I will give some issues that are faced.

It's not the Tradesman's fault that deliveries are wrong and items are missing sadly. They place the order and then are in the hands of the supplier.

With regards timescales jobs over run. So you may be promised an 8.00am start but turn up at 2.00pm as you cannot leave a job half done especially if plastering or painting etc. However I would call the next customer to let them know

Not turning up. It can happen if you get an emergency for example a water leak on a job you are working on/just finished. But again a phone call or text should be made/sent.

To get a set timescale for a job that is non negotiable no matter what the circumstances then money is going to be added on.

Kitchens and Bathrooms always throw up unforeseen issues sadly

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 21, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
We are towards the end of our kitchen refit , we are in our fifth week and we've had people in daily but we had it completely gutted knocked back to bare brick new windows, floor , wiring etc etc not just kitchen fitted.
We are using a building firm though that have done the lit and worked to a rigid schedule , kitchen ripped out, then electrician in for wiring, then plastering that alone took a week , new ceiling put in took two days, the kitchen itself took the joiner 6 days, then it's been a stream of plumbers, electricians again, tilers... They've been really good all the way , we used them for our bathroom last year, they do stick to schedule and have always turned up on time, I know things crop up and that I can cope with, but they let us know in advance it's the waiting on them and not turning up would drive me mad.edited to add our kitchen units came a few days before they went in so everything could be checked by joiner so he knew it was all there and missing bits didn't hold up the job

Edited at 09:32 AM.
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 21, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Donz1979
Imagineer

Mobile

Yes its the lack of communication I am struggling with, i mean luckily I am working home but if wasnt I would have wasted a day off. Hoping they turn up today!
Donz1979 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 21, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Donz1979 View Post
Yes its the lack of communication I am struggling with, i mean luckily I am working home but if wasnt I would have wasted a day off. Hoping they turn up today!
Fingers crossed 🤞🤞
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List