Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 1 Nov 21, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
iLaura
VIP Dibber

First Disney ride you went on?

Just nosey really but what was the first Disney ride you went on, why did you pick that ride and what was your first thought on it? Oh and when was your first visit?

Our first visit was in September 2012, and our first ride was Mickey's Philharmagic. We'd done the typical 'first visit' thing of walking in a straight line. Up though Main Street, through the castle, and it was the first 'ride' we stumbled upon. It had a low wait time, and was air conditioned so we thought it was a good bet.

First opinion was that it was magical, I'd never seen the Disney-level of attention to detail before, and was really impressed that so much care and attention was paid. I loved the Donald butt at the end too.

Over to you guys
iLaura is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 21, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
First visit was in 1994. However although I know our first Park was the MK we cannot for the life of us recollect which ride was the first.

Bear in mind I am 67 so can't remember what I had for dinner yesterday.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 21, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Mariesmith
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
First visit was in 1994. However although I know our first Park was the MK we cannot for the life of us recollect which ride was the first.

Bear in mind I am 67 so can't remember what I had for dinner yesterday.
Well you're doing better than me! Our first trip was 1994 as well. I was convinced our first ride was the safari in Animal Kingdom but that park didn't even open until 1998 😂

Apparently our first park was Epcot but none of us remember what ride
Mariesmith is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 21, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

On our very first WDW day at MK, we turned left into Adventureland, and first did the Swiss Family Treehouse - we thought it was amazing!

But that's not a ride. We carried on walking and did Jungle Cruise, which we loved, then Pirates which floored me - I could believe what I was seeing!
YLL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 21, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
gl20
Very Serious Dibber

August 1983 - Epcot
First proper ride was Journey Into the Imagination which was only about 3 months old

But before that we did the Astuter Computer review in Communicore (renamed to Innoventions) which holds the accolade for first Epcot attraction to be closed! (I think it was open less than a year before they shut it)

Edited at 01:30 PM.
gl20 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 21, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
FtLouie
Excited about Disney

First visit was 1997 when I was almost 9. I couldn't tell you what our first park was, let alone first ride. The rides I remember most clearly from that trip are Splash (as we got stuck halfway up the hill climb) and Jaws (as I was terrified, screaming hysterically and tried to get off the boat in the boat house...)

Have no fear, Purple Turtle is here
FtLouie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 21, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
LoopyLoo07
slightly serious Dibber

Only been twice, first visit December 2015. Our first day was animal kingdom where we had breakfast at tusker house and then the first ride was the safari!
LoopyLoo07 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 21, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Fluffypenguin
slightly serious Dibber

I had to check my trip notes to find out and it was only in 2017!

It was Buzz space ranger spin. We had been to be our guest and for some reason wandered in that direction and ended up on that ride!
Fluffypenguin is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 21, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Our first visit was 2003 and first Disney park was MK and Iím not 100% sure but I think our first ride was Itís a Small World on the recommendation of someone I thought was a friend 🤣
I can remember our 16 year old son turning around with a look of utter disgust on his face and telling me Iíd traumatised him for life 🤣🤣
Old 1 Nov 21, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

Monorail! Was blown away but that, and after that only got better...
AntonyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List