Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 4 Nov 21, 12:10 AM  
Link to this Post
tiggertastic
Imagineer

Smol

So I have been doing bits and pieces to reduce plastic and keep seeing adds for smol.

Does anyone use any of the products? Are they any good? Are they as cheap as they say? Do you have to sign up for a subscription?

Any info/reviews welcome.
tiggertastic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 21, 07:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

At first I was impressed but over time we realised they just weren’t cleaning properly. Rugby kit was getting quite dull and clothes that had been worn in the kitchen were harbouring that horrible sicky smell.
I cancelled
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 21, 07:38 AM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

Same here unfortunately, I really linked them to start with but stopped I using them.
Just didn’t get a nice smell from clothes after washing even if I used a softener or unstoppables. Which also defeated the purpose.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 21, 08:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I haven’t used the smog products but I do use a Laundry egg. It is an egg full of non chemical pellets and lasts up to 200 washes, that’s about 6 months for me. Admittedly the egg is made of plastic but it is only small and does last a long time. I have been really pleased with the results so far.
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 21, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
I really liked these a few years ago when I started getting them monthly but over the years the scent has changed there's hardly any fragrance and I find myself using unstoppables and sortener more like mentioned above , we've just had a kitchen refit so last few weeks my mum's been doing my washing and it smells lovely so I've cancelled my subscription. Also the new cardboard packaging I hate it it's so hard to get into
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 21, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by tiggertastic View Post
So I have been doing bits and pieces to reduce plastic and keep seeing adds for smol.

Does anyone use any of the products? Are they any good? Are they as cheap as they say? Do you have to sign up for a subscription?

Any info/reviews welcome.
I don't think they are cheap.

I use powder and put in what I want never the amount the manufacturers say to use. Have used Ecover non bio powder for years and not had any issues. ecover/ I personally can't stand the smell of perfumed washing powders or fabric softeners so can't comment on those.
Anne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 21, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I use splosh which is pretty good. It's a 'mid' green range. I have bought the dispensing bottles. It's less, rather than no plastic. I've used a little more vanish on cricket whites than I used to. But sticking with the mild scent, even though I miss the stronger scented conditioners. I took that to be one of my steps to greener life!
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 21, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
marlouwrig
VIP Dibber

I have been using SMOL for washing machine and dishwasher. I find it absolutely fine with no scent at all. DGS has really sensitive skin but has no problems with the non bio version.

I have signed up for subscription but you set your own frequency and they send an email a day or two before it's due so you can either cancel or postpone to a later date. It's really easy and user friendly.

DVC Member BCV, BLT & VGC
marlouwrig is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 21, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

My sister used them and doesn’t like them, finds they just don’t clean very well. They aren’t cheap either.

If you buy capsules / pods etc and do varying size loads then you are wasting money and overdosing/underdosing your loads potentially.
We use powder, cleans well, adjust the dose as we need, recycle the box and our machine has never once been stinky.
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 21, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
marlouwrig
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by arielrocks View Post
My sister used them and doesn’t like them, finds they just don’t clean very well. They aren’t cheap either.

If you buy capsules / pods etc and do varying size loads then you are wasting money and overdosing/underdosing your loads potentially.
We use powder, cleans well, adjust the dose as we need, recycle the box and our machine has never once been stinky.
How strange. I have found they clean very well and our machine used to stink from time to time, but not at all since we started to use them about 18 months ago. Slightly more expensive than the Aldi liquid we used to use from time to time, which we found OK cleaning wise and very economical, but used to make our machine absolutely stink.

DVC Member BCV, BLT & VGC
marlouwrig is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List