Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 19 Nov 21, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Charlangela
Imagineer

Kicking myself.

Bought our tickets earlier in the year for next May and paid £4565 with ATD including the flex-plus but not including Genie+.

I can get the same tickets with Genie+ included on Orlando Attraction Tickets for £4488 under the Black Friday deals and their extra 7% off!

Its too much of a faff messing about and cancelling the ATD tickets but I am definitely kicking myself now!
Pre Trip Report| Trip Report

Edited at 03:19 PM.
Charlangela is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 21, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Unless I'm mis-reading things, I don't think you should be too hard on yourself if you're only out of pocket by £77 or so...

- You did what was right for you at the time
- Whilst no-one wants to write-off £77, it's a drop in the ocean of the total holiday cost

Once I've committed to something that I can no longer change, I never check again - there's nothing to gain whether prices have moved for or against me.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 21, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
Unless I'm mis-reading things, I don't think you should be too hard on yourself if you're only out of pocket by £77 or so...

- Whilst no-one wants to write-off £77, it's a drop in the ocean of the total holiday cost

Once I've committed to something that I can no longer change, I never check again - there's nothing to gain whether prices have moved for or against me.

it is more than £77 as if the OP wants to add in genie plus it would be $15 per day per person extra
Old 19 Nov 21, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Chops
Getting Excited

ATD are good to deal with. I extended by tickets under flex plus and they were very responsive.
Chops is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 21, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Charlangela
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post

Yes the thing I am kicking myself over is the Genie+ is included at those prices so for 6 of us, it was a big saving. It is what it is though and back then I wasn't to know Genie+ was going to become a thing.

It's just going to cost us at least $360 for genie+ if it is needed when we go. 6 people across 4 days.
Pre Trip Report| Trip Report

Charlangela is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 21, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
You have flex plus so just return the tickets? It isn’t that much hassle and if it saves you money then it’s worth it….otherwise you paid for the flex plus for nothing.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 21, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
pompeyboy
Apprentice Imagineer

Drop ATD an email and mention their price promise and see what they can do. I bought some DC+ tickets and then found them cheaper with Orlando Attractions.

They happily refunded the difference, albeit only £26 in my case , I doubt they will apply the 7% though.

Link to AT price promise
pompeyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 21, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

Originally Posted by pompeyboy View Post
Drop ATD an email and mention their price promise and see what they can do. I bought some DC+ tickets and then found them cheaper with Orlando Attractions.

They happily refunded the difference, albeit only £26 in my case , I doubt they will apply the 7% though.

Link to AT price promise
I’d be surprised if they price match, they say they have to be abta registered OAT aren’t. They also have to be like for like, OAT are vouchers not real tickets.

That being said it’s certainly worth trying and if not, get a refund under flex plus and getting genie (assuming you want genie as break even is 8 days, and arguably not needed at Epcot or AK, and May being a quiet time you might not even need it at all). But if you could save another £100 or so per person by opting for non genie+ tickets from OAT as well.
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 21, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Are you sure it includes Genie+ and not just Genie. The new free service ?

This says you have the option to buy Genie+

Edited at 11:12 AM.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 21, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
Are you sure it includes Genie+ and not just Genie. The new free service ?

This says you have the option to buy Genie+
They have two different prices, one with genie+ and one without when purchasing.
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List