Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 28 Nov 21, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by JessBlu View Post
Just back from a snowy long walk, Ice hockey on TV and pork baguettes in the oven 👌👌
That's the very definition of winning, and I say that as a vegetarian!

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Absolutely agree. Braved the cold wet boggy field and took the dog to agility. The trees on the way there just looked stunning. Come home washed and dried said muddy dog and getting a roast on. Life is good x
Old 28 Nov 21, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
When your knocking on heaven's door you soon learn that the world is a good place, that people are in the main good and kind and living life in the now is much better than the alternative.

Nature animals and family that's what is important..the rest I can't change
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
levtweeney
Imagineer

levtweeney's Reviews
You know what winning looks like… A man sitting in the Sky shop (could be me, I’m not telling) pretending he likes sky glass and wants to check out the quality of the picture, while sitting for 35 minutes watching the Snooker. This man loves the Snooker, so I’m told. “Are you interested sir” “Do you like the quality” “Would you like some information” etc etc while this mans wife (could be my wife but I’m still not telling) goes shopping in the Metro Centre yesterday. The staff were lovely and if that man ever needs Sky glass that is where he will get it from I’m sure
Old 28 Nov 21, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post

Been for a lovely walk at sunset, snow glistening on the fields, sure does wonders to clear your head!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
TinselAngel
Imagineer

TinselAngel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Couldn’t agree more - being outside in the fresh air a whole lot more recently has kept me in a good state of mind and able to cope with whatever challenges life has presented - nature has a way of soothing and calming the mind.

POFQ Dec 2006, Mar 2008, Oct 2009, Oct 2014
Dibb Villas : Mar 2009, Aug 2009, Xmas 2009 Dec 2010, Oct 2011, July 2013, July 2014, Xmas 2014, July 2015, Aug 2017, Jan 2018, Oct 18, OKW:Summer 2012, Beach Club:Oct 2015,July 2017. AKL:Oct 2019
TinselAngel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
You're insane!
Best think I have ever done just love it love the people most inclusive, supportive non competitive people I have every met some are arc to arc finishers, a couple of double channel swimmers loads of triathletes and then many like me middle aged unfit average joes. Makes no odds who you are what you have done what you can do. If I swim 20 minutes in 10c that will be the hardest thing I do all day really helped with all sorts of physical and mental health.
Arc to Arc en.wikipedia/wiki/Enduroman
Love it love love it
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitch & Smudge
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sew109 View Post
Best think I have ever done just love it love the people most inclusive, supportive non competitive people I have every met some are arc to arc finishers, a couple of double channel swimmers loads of triathletes and then many like me middle aged unfit average joes. Makes no odds who you are what you have done what you can do. If I swim 20 minutes in 10c that will be the hardest thing I do all day really helped with all sorts of physical and mental health.
Arc to Arc en.wikipedia/wiki/Enduroman
Love it love love it
Love outdoor swimming but stick to lochs and reservoirs. Less current. But once that needle starts to fall I’m out until the weather improves.
Stitch & Smudge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Stitch & Smudge View Post
Love outdoor swimming but stick to lochs and reservoirs. Less current. But once that needle starts to fall I’m out until the weather improves.
I don’t want to hijack the thread but I can swim here fresh (river) and sea I generally only swim sea. We are lucky deeply shelving beach so you don’t have to walk out for miles unless we have a very low tide. We have a pull (current) that can be strong but it pulls along the coast and we rarely get a rip and when it does it’s not so strong that I can’t swim against it. We generally get slack an hour either side of high tide and if the current is strong we can always swim within the groins.

Coolest I swam last winter was water 6c air -3c that was tough but felt like a real achievement.

I would encourage anyone to do it but when you start a pin absolute maximum of one minute per degree, never swim on your own, wear hat, gloves and shoes and if in sea use a tow float

Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
levtweeney
Imagineer

levtweeney's Reviews
Originally Posted by Sew109 View Post
I don’t want to hijack the thread but I can swim here fresh (river) and sea I generally only swim sea. We are lucky deeply shelving beach so you don’t have to walk out for miles unless we have a very low tide. We have a pull (current) that can be strong but it pulls along the coast and we rarely get a rip and when it does it’s not so strong that I can’t swim against it. We generally get slack an hour either side of high tide and if the current is strong we can always swim within the groins.

Coolest I swam last winter was water 6c air -3c that was tough but felt like a real achievement.

I would encourage anyone to do it but when you start a pin absolute maximum of one minute per degree, never swim on your own, wear hat, gloves and shoes and if in sea use a tow float

Respect man, that looks super tough and super cold. You must feel alive after a swim and very very cold 🥶