Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 3 Apr 19, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Aims
Imagineer

Originally Posted by kirkdalewdw View Post
Aims, we are coming back to San Diego, may go back to the Chinese you recommended a while back and see if the waiter counts his tip again !

I'm starting to remember this story- Chinese place in La Jolla, right? Hopefully you will get a different waiter this time, but if you get the same one you will have to let me know if he does it again!

As far as the Comfort Inn in Chula Vista...erm, I don't recommend that anyone stay south to southeast of downtown San Diego. Anywhere close to the border of Mexico, as Chula Vista is, can be iffy. There are too many not great neighborhoods in those areas that I don't feel comfortable telling people it's ok...not only that, Chula Vista is a bit out of the way to all the main sights and attractions. I know Comfort Inn is an inexpensive chain, but they are very basic and more like a motel than a hotel- if you know what I mean. If you are fine with that, then that's cool but I personally wouldn't recommend staying in Chula Vista. Take a look at hotels in the Mission Valley area of San Diego if you are looking for some budget-friendly options- there is a wide variety of hotels and motels in that area, but be sure to check with me if you are uncertain about any of them- there are a couple of real dives!

Planning a trip to San Diego? Check out my San Diego planning guide at the link below:

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1047941
Aims is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 19, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
kirkdalewdw
Imagineer

thanks Aims, we have used comfort inn up close to Six flags and it is a really nice hotel, I will have a look around for others. We did stay close to Sea World last time and that was a very dodgy hotel/area where we stayed lol.

We let you know if we get the same waiter at Chinese, still makes me laugh that he stood there and counted out his tip and tutted at us !
kirkdalewdw is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 19, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Infinity Red
Imagineer

Hi Aims, I hope you don't mind I've sent you a pm.
Old 6 Apr 19, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Aims
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Infinity Red View Post
Hi Aims, I hope you don't mind I've sent you a pm.

Just saw it I will get a response off to you soon

Planning a trip to San Diego? Check out my San Diego planning guide at the link below:

Aims is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 19, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Infinity Red
Imagineer

Hi Aims, they've decided to book Days Inn by Wyndham Hotel Circle nr seaworld. Thanks for your information though 😀
Old 8 Apr 19, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Aims
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Infinity Red View Post
Hi Aims, they've decided to book Days Inn by Wyndham Hotel Circle nr seaworld. Thanks for your information though 😀
No problem! 😄 That is a good location. I’m glad they got settled on something. 😊👍