Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 13 Apr 19, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
wombat girl
Imagineer

The avengers end game

I have new cinema pass and have booked to see the avnegers end game. But I have not seen the previous Avengers films

Some friends say I need to have seen Infinity War before hand and others gave me a quick synopsis.

Our cinema is showing a double bill but too late for me as I have work the next day and it finishes around 2 am

I have seen Captain Marvel and it did have a teaser in.

What are everyone's thoughts ?
DLP 2018 - Star Tours - A solo story trip May 2018
ASM 2018 - It's Looking like a lot like a Christmas Wombat- Solo Trip TBC
wombat girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 19, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
shirley
Imagineer

shirley's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

For me, I think it's a good idea. Will no doubt give you a better idea on what's going on xx. Can you catch up via your mobile?
shirley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 19, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
taylaboo
Imagineer

Mobile

I've just rewatched all the movies ready for Endgame. There are bits in all the movies leading up to Infinity Wars and Endgame. Big Avengers fan.
Villa at Champions Gate -2019
Rosen Hotel May 2023
taylaboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 19, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
I think you do really need to have seen Avengers Infinity War, at the very least. It's available on DVD if you don't fancy going to the double bill late at night.

Infinity War and End Game are two parts of a single film. Originally they were going to be called Infinity War part 1 and Infinity War part 2. Infinity War ends on a cliff hanger and End Game completes the story.

Personally, I would also suggest watching the first Avengers film and Captain America: Civil War as well as Infinity War. (If you can, I'd recommend watching all of the Marvel movies but this might be a bit much in the next 10 days or so).

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 19, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

I agree with Nimbus, I think you definitely need to have seen Infinity War and a few other Marvel films to follow the story completely for End Game. I agree with the ones Nimbus suggested but would also add both Guardians of the Galaxy films and Thor Ragnorok too
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 19, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Definitely need to see Infinity War at the very least. There are a few you tube videos that summarise the key things you’d need to know before seeing Endgame. Might be worth having a look at some of those 😊
Leia77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 19, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Cannavar
Imagineer

Cannavar's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Infinity Wars is on most streaming services including Sky. You really must watch it as its technically part 1 of Endgames part 2.
Hawaii 12
Southern States Tour 15
Vancouver and Pacific NW 16
Canadian and US Road Trip 18
The short hop over the pond trip report
The Long Trip Down Under trip report

Cannavar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 19, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
BTW, for what it's worth, here's what the Russo Brothers (the directors of Infinity War and Endgame) said when asked what films you need to watch before Endgame:

"It's a great question, and I will say we do work hard to make sure that the story works in a way that even people who haven't seen any thing [can still enjoy the movie] because we feel like that's very important. I think you see this movie after movie, the audience keeps growing for these films. So what that tells us is that people are seeing these movies who haven't seen the previous ones. So it's important that we are speaking to an audience that is perhaps seeing these stories for the first time. That being said, there's certainly an interconnected story being told. I would say, certainly, Civil War and Infinity War are probably the two biggest lead-ins to this movie in the sense that Civil War created the situation where the Avengers were divided".

"Civil War and Infinity War without question because the events of Civil War directly affected Infinity War, and we would argue that the reason they lost to Thanos is because of Civil War. Clearly, that carries over to Endgame. If you’re going to add one more in there, I’d probably say Winter Soldier, only in that those are the four movies we directed, and they’re all thematically connected to one another."

I would also suggest the first Avengers film, Avengers Assemble, because it introduces Thanos and his quest for the Infinity Stones and also brings together the Avengers. Plus, it's rumoured Endgame ties into the first Avengers movie and the battle in New York.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 05:36 PM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List