Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 15 Apr 19, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
whlparkstone
Imagineer

We love Florida, and will miss it so much this year... but we felt that we needed a change. So we are going on a 2 week cruise, sailing out of Southampton and going around the med with Royal Caribbean. We are so looking forward to it. I am not a lover of flying and so the thought of no stressful airport trips is rally appealing to me. We only live 45 mins away from the dock.

We do plan to go to Florida again, but I have to admit that the I am enjoying the lack of planning this holiday is requiring. Disney has become a stressful thing to plan for me.
Old 15 Apr 19, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
tka
slightly serious Dibber

tka's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 3
We enjoy cruising! You should try it! If you want the Disney magic touch, you can book on a Disney cruise
Old 15 Apr 19, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

You can cruise from NYC .
I can happily do Florida without Disney . I tend to go cold turkey rather than doing one day or evening that might leave me wanting more !
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 19, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
AlexE
Imagineer

AlexE's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

Last June we flew into NYC then got a train to Washington D.C. then flew to MCO for a villa relaxation and flew back from MIA.

In September we are flying to Boston for a road trip to Acadia NP, flying to Washington then a villa in Florida, Naples and then back from MIA.

West coast is also great, so much to do
Old 16 Apr 19, 06:18 AM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We also love cruising but have booked a west coast road trip for next summer so we can visit DCL as my husband also won’t go to Orlando every year!
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 19, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

We started with the standard Disney Florida 'in the bubble' vacation and have been getting more adventurous with each USA vacation that has followed. Our next is our 10th.

Other than our last California one (best yet), we tend to go somewhere else as well as Orlando and thus dual centre or even more. It is worth remembering that even in August, you can generally get an internal flight into MCO for well less than £100pp. We are not into Disney and don't bother any more, preferring the numerous other attractions in the area and thus, the Orlando leg of our vacation with a villa is often the cheaper part of the whole.

In the past...

New York, train to Washington then plane to Orlando worked well with 3 each in NY and DC.

A week in Orlando (9) then a drive down to the keys (6) before leaving from Miami.

Pensacola (3), (and Mobile Alabama on a day trip), Destin (3), Tampa (1), Orlando, Daytona Beach was good.

California N to S was awesome last Easter.

This year it is Boston (3) then train to NY (3), then plane to Dayton Ohio (3), then plane to Orlando for 12, followed by a night in Naples and a departure from Miami. The internals NY to Dayton (£85pp) and Cincinatti to MCO (£80PP).

What I am suggesting is that you can both get what you want, whilst not breaking the bank or falling out... A dual centre!

Hope it helps.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 03:04 PM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 19, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
florida girl
Imagineer

florida girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
What about the West Coast lots of interesting places to visit on a road trip.
florida girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List