Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 23 Apr 19, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
thepricefamily
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile AKL Club Room but want extra $100

We are wanting to book a savannah view club room at AKL for July 2020, but when you go on the Disney site it says to ring for availability which would mean I can’t use the link for the extra $100. Does anyone know if you can book the savannah view online then ring up to upgrade to club level? Thanks
HRH Club Level & AKL Savannah Club Level 2020
thepricefamily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
pinkstarburst
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by thepricefamily View Post
We are wanting to book a savannah view club room at AKL for July 2020, but when you go on the Disney site it says to ring for availability which would mean I can’t use the link for the extra $100. Does anyone know if you can book the savannah view online then ring up to upgrade to club level? Thanks
Hi, we booked as Savannah through Virgin and they told me that we needed to book this way to secure a room and then they make the request to Disney for upgrade to Club Level. Once confirmed they cancelled the original room off. Also, there was only £60 to upgrade to club which was for 5 nights so a no brainer :-).
I think its quite common for it to display like that and from checking it regularly before we booked don't recall seeing it available to book online.

Hope that helps.
pinkstarburst is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I would book a Savannah view room online and upgrade later via phone.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
fizzypop
Imagineer

Mobile

Don’t rule out not booking via the link for the extra $100. Depends on your total price for room and tickets but you may well be better off going through Quidco rather than the email link. 4 of us are going to hopefully be staying in the cheapest moderate for a week with qsdp and cashback is about £120 so much better than the extra $100 giftcard
fizzypop is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 19, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
allymc316
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by thepricefamily View Post
I rang Disney this morning to check this exact query and yes, book the Savannah and call to upgrade to club.
allymc316 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 19, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Spotter
Trying for More Ears

We tried to book a savannah view club level for a couple of nights in November this year. The website shows club level as being available but when phoning they don't have availability. We've booked a normal savannah view and have been told to phone occasionally to see if any become free.

Just be aware that if club level shows they might not have availability. Really good deal for little extra money though.

Edited at 09:12 PM.
Spotter is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 19, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
allymc316
Getting Excited

Booked last night so missed a lot of the chaos today thankfully!

AKL Savannah view 7 nights 1st July 2020
rang this afternoon and was able to upgrade to Club level which was only £241 extra. They had to ring to another department to confirm availability. She told me it sells out so fast and is limited so if anyone is looking for this i would upgrade straight away.

£4011 in total. Booked for me only then will add the rest of the family in when dates are set
allymc316 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List