Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 23 Apr 19, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Garyjbodle
Gone all Goofy

Mobile How to save $$$ on an varied week plan?

Hi, can anyone out there kindly offer any advise to help a family of 5 save money when spending 8 days Orlando doing approx (in no particular order)

Day 1: Magic Kingdom
Day 2: Rest day at resort
Day 3: Universal Studios
Day 4: Kenedy Space Centre
Day 5: Busch Gardens
Day 6: Rest day at resort
Day 7: Epcot or Islands of Adventures
Day 8: low key theme park - Fun Spot I.e.

This is deliberately done to allow everyone to be contend (wife, children and me!).

Now the question and help I need. Such a plan doesn't appear to help in terms of of saving money? For Instance I cant discount a 14 day ticket nor am I staying or using Disneyor Univeral enough to have savings ticket. Is there such a combo ticket that can help me to save some money or am I stuck at having to buy daily tickets per day which will be very expensive?

We are going in last 2 weeks of October.

Thanks,
Gary
Garyjbodle is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Valentine
Imagineer

Mrs Valentine's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 21
Instead of the MK ticket I would get the Halloween ones, that let you in from 4 o'clock in the afternoon till it closes. That will save you a bundle as opposed to the day tickets. I would then not do Epcot and use the extra time at Univ. It will be a lot of wasted ticket money otherwise.

DisneyJulie
Mrs Valentine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

You have a complete mix of the different park owners there so they don't combi well.

Keep an eye out for any offers on KSC or BG maybe on Groupon or their own websites (I recall last summer they were allowing children of a certain school age for free).

If you get the MNSSHP ticket I wouldn't do it till the end of the holiday to allow you to adjust to the time difference better. Not point getting a ticket allowing access till midnight if you'll be wanting your bed at 8pm (usually me for the first 2/3 days!).

Day 8 could you skip this and instead spend it at Disney Springs or Celebration or even round the pool or beach to save buying a ticket for anywhere. I personally think the fun spot is expensive for what it is, especially after spending days in the bigger parks.
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Mariesmith
Imagineer

Maybe you'll find a ticket that suits you on Magical Tickets. They do a range of combo tickets:

Edited at 04:50 PM.
Mariesmith is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsArcher2b
Excited about Disney

Fun spot is usually on Groupon.com
MrsArcher2b is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
There are no combo tickets as these are all owned by different companies. Disney don’t want to make it easy for you to go to Universal. Undercover Tourist will give you prices for one day and two day tickets.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 19, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Tea
Imagineer

Mobile

I'd do the MNSSHP, then undercover tourist for a 2 day ticket to Universal parks.
Busch Gardens and Fun Spot on Groupon.
Google trips app has some discounts on tickets including KSC but realistically that combo will be expensive.
If it were me, I'd do MNSSHP and either 3 park ticket for the Seaworld group of parks OR Universal, not both.
Old 27 Apr 19, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
PrincessShelly
Excited about Disney

My feeling is that the best way to deal with this is to buy tickets with someone like Undercover Tourist who can give you the number of days you need at each park rather than 14 days tickets intended for the UK market which cost way more and wouldn't be used to their full duration/potential given your plans. Your biggest problem could be the gap between Disney days, so might be better sticking with Universal 2 day (not park to park) which needs day to be used over a period of 7 days.
PrincessShelly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 19, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

As others have said you need to look at the Halween party for Disney
Epcot is very dependannon kids age it’s still our least favourite park
We’d rather do Animal Kingdom Hollywood studios I think on a single day ticket due to the new Starwars etc might be a waste of money
Kennedy with look for a groupon deal Fun spot again a grupon deal if it’s the one near old town combine it with water park at Margaritaville
The Car show at Old Town and the Food trucks across the street
Busch if driving pick a day with out the horror nights to get the best value same for Magic Kingdom I& not doing the party if not usingvthe Busch transport get there for opening and use the all day dinnng deal
Can save you loads on food and drinks
Also check your Universal day is not a Horror night
You don’t say where you are staying or if driving
Also look for restaurants coupons don’t be afraid to take own snacks drinks into parks as for cups of ice water at quick service locations /food carts etc
Invest in a cool bag back pack and if driving a polystyrene cool box for the boot fill with ice and drinks it’s amazing how much you drink or how thirsty and hungry kids get from leaving the park and getting in the car
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 19, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
kerrie1781
slightly serious Dibber

I’m going to throw a spanner in the works here - I think you are doing a lot of areas for a first visit. May I ask why you don’t want to visit Hollywood Studios or Animal Kingdom?
I know it’s all preference but have you got your heart set on those particular parks? Such as Kennedy Space Center? It’s a lot to do! Plus - you may find that you don’t want a “rest day”. The excitement may be too much 😂

Edited at 09:44 PM.
kerrie1781 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List