Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 20 Mar 19, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
I know it's me but I can't get my head around Starbucks coffee. The flavour just doesn't do it.
However I know I am weird.
Not at all, I don't like Starbucks regular coffee that much and their filter stuff is awful if it's not fresh. Clover is brewed fresh every time in a fancy very expensive machine and you get to choose the beans. Clover is only in a few Starbucks stores. If there is not a Clover then their brewed Pike Place is usually available (not as good as Colombia but needs must). If it tastes stale then get them to redo.
unixgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Ahh, that makes sense.

I like Joffreys coffee a lot. Nice on a cold Fall day sat on a wall in Epcot.

I also like Dennys coffee.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

Ahh, that makes sense.

I've not tried Joffreys - unless that is what is in Artists Palette for the refill cups? Dennys - only had it once I think, in San Fran - that wasn't a good experience.
unixgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by unixgirl View Post
I've not tried Joffreys - unless that is what is in Artists Palette for the refill cups? Dennys - only had it once I think, in San Fran - that wasn't a good experience.
Not sure about the Palette sorry. I will ask Steve the Manager when I see him.

I hasten to add my Wife only allows us a Denny's (very small) breakfast on the first and last day of each trip. That's it, no more. Even then it's only 2 eggs, hash browns and toast - but at least 3 coffee's each. Mmm, lovely stuff.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Ahh, that makes sense.

my son loves his Joffreys coffee

Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

Ooh, Joffreys coffee is yum! As is Dunkin' Donuts coffee. I am also in the "hate the taste of Starbucks" coffee group, it is over-roasted for my tastes.

We tend to keep a box of Folgers coffee bags in our Owner's Locker box, which we renew each year. They usually have plenty of date on them, and then we can use these to supplement whatever mousekeeping leave in our room, as it's never enough and I feel guilty asking them to leave extra every single day! We also keep a tub of Coffee Mate in there, again with plenty of 'use by' date on it.

I heart my Owner's Locker box! We aren't DVC ourselves, but still keep a load of stuff in the box that we no longer have to schlep across the sea every visit!
Old 20 Mar 19, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

Originally Posted by unixgirl View Post
Joffreys is what is used in all the Disney resort rooms now, as well as in the resort food courts/restaurants. You can buy bags of ground Disney blend beans from Wal-Mart, I believe now - there are different blends for different resorts. I used to buy these directly from Joffreys online, and have them delivered to our resort for when we arrived, (they don't do international delivery, frustratingly!), but then they started to be available in the supermarkets, which is useful.