Special Needs questions & advice relating to people with special needs
Holiday to Florida with Florida4less
Unread 22 Mar 19, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
A word of warning for the attractions with very long wait lines, I was watching Tim tracker and he said about fast pass is about a 3rd of the wait of a stand by line. So if you are going on a attraction with a 3 hour wait fop for example you can still be waiting for 1 hour to get on.
Mazbar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Mar 19, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
MillyMoo
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I watched that one aswell! Do you have to still stand in the line if it's that long or would it be more time specific with a pass? Sorry if that's a silly question!
MillyMoo is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Mar 19, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
From what I know you stand in line but I might be wrong.
Mazbar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Mar 19, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
mandco
Imagineer

You join the queue for fast pass the same as everyone else using the fast pass system so while you do skip the main queue there can still be a fairly long wait.
Most of our waits were pretty short under 20 mins with some almost walk on but on one occasion Tsm ended up being nearly 45 mins wait
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
fingers crossed
Unread 22 Mar 19, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamisawish
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mazbar View Post
A word of warning for the attractions with very long wait lines, I was watching Tim tracker and he said about fast pass is about a 3rd of the wait of a stand by line. So if you are going on a attraction with a 3 hour wait fop for example you can still be waiting for 1 hour to get on.
I think they say this as a precaution- it could be up to a third of the standby wait time but its unlikely. We did FOP three times in Feb, the standby was at 3-4 hours each time, we got through the FP queue in 20 minutes each time.

Even Tim ended up saying that he got through the dinosaur FP line faster then he thought.

I would play it by ear, youll probably never have to wait longer then half an hour in the FP line, and for attractions which do have long stand by waits you could ask the CM at the entrance how long the fast pass line is. If its exceptional Im sure they would know about it.

DLP | June 2015 | Dec 2016 | Sept 2017 | Oct 2017 | Nov 2018

WDW | April 2009 | Feb 2019
dreamisawish is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
It's happening!
Unread 22 Mar 19, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
shack69
Imagineer

When going to an attraction to get the return time only one person in the party needs to attend. So once the person in the party has been registered at guest services anyone in the party can go and get the return time. This can be useful if you child does not like the idea of been treated differently as they can be doing something else whilst you get the return time. Then when its time to ride they goto the FP entrance first and that unlock the other people in the party to follow them. If they don't ride then no one does is the principle.
To make effective use of this get a DAS return for a ride before heading off for a FP ride and the odds are your return will be open by the time you have ridden the other ride on FP. My Son did SDM (DAS) and Splash (FP) and BTM (DAS) backto back and loved it as we got the DAS for BTM before going on splash and with Splash taking a while BTM was open when we exitted.
We found Guest service as the international gateway of epcot to be quick and simple with no Q for Das.
shack69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 19, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Cindy2015
Trainee Dibber

We're off in a couple of weeks and you've all answered my questions on the DAS here, thank you. We did use the DAS for the first time two years ago but I couldn't remember whether or not the DAS and fastpass could be combined.

We found the DAS great as FOP had only just opened and my DS was keen to try it but the wait would have been a total no no as FP were like gold dust. I think the wait was 3 hours but we got a return time and only waited for 25 minutes in the end and he was happy with that.

Looking forward to a trip back to Hollywood Studios this year and hopefully get to try TSM and SDD.

xx
Cindy2015 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
NYC, NO and road trip to Orlando..
QuickSilver