Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10 Apr 19, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
missdopey
Imagineer

Ok Let's Try This ... With A Difference - March/April 2019 - Day 8

This morning we'd set an alarm for 9am as we had to pack to move resorts. I actually managed to wake at 7.30am. DH went and got coffees in our mugs at roaring forks and Dd had her candy apple we bought in magic kingdom the other night for her breakfast. I finished off what she couldn't manage.

We packed up our stuff, organising our cases so we don't need to unpack everything at Old Key west, we gave bell services a ring at 10am and they came up and collected our cases and bags of food.

We spent a few more moments making the most of our balcony view and then made our way down to the wilderness lodge bus stops. We were heading over to fort wilderness for Dd to do a pony ride. The bus came and stopped first of all at the outpost at fort wilderness and then made stops at each of the internal stops before reaching the trails end/pioneer hall bus stop. We were the only ones on the bus until we reached fort wilderness.

We got off and wandered over to the pony ride stables. This is $8 for 1 lap or $12 for 2 laps. The pony DD was given was Hershey, the same pony she rode in 2017. It took about 10 minutes but was really nice and Dd absolutely loved it.

We walked over to the playground area and Dd spent some time playing on here, the playground is in the shade so didn't get too hot in the sun which is really good as a lot of the playgrounds on property are far too hot to play on by late morning. After a bit of a play we walked down to the boat launch and waited for he boat back to wilderness lodge. We only had a 5 minute wait and were quickly back at the resort and able to collect our car. We'd received the notification to say our room was ready at Old Key west at 10.50am so we decided to head over to their and check out our new room for he rest of our trip.

We are in building 49 at the end of south point road. It's a long trek from hospitality house but there is a trail from our block right to the pool at the end of turtle pond road and it's only a few minutes walk so that's really handy and we actually really like the location as we would probably always drive to the main part of the resort anyway. After having a look round the room we were feeling hungry so we drove over to goods to go but as far as we could tell all the seating was outside and it was just too hot to deal with that.

We jumped back in the car and drove over to Saratoga springs and got some lunch at artists palette. DH had a Saratoga salad $10.99 and a side of clam chowder $4.39. He really enjoyed this, only criticism was the clam chowder wasn't peppery enough for his taste but this was soon rectified using a few sachets of pepper.

We jumped back in the car and drove over to Saratoga springs and got some lunch at artists palette. DH had a Saratoga salad $10.99 and a side of clam chowder $4.39. He really enjoyed this, only criticism was the clam chowder wasn't peppery enough for his taste but this was soon rectified using a few sachets of pepper.

Dd had a kids chicken nugget meal, this was 4 chicken nuggets, a bag of carrots, a bag of grapes and she had a chocolate milk, this was $7.49 and i thought it was very poor for the price in comparison with other kids meals. The nuggets were tiny and there was no option for any other sides like fries to bulk it out.

I had the cheese burger pie $10.99. This was a thin crust pizza with cheeseburger toppings, beef, cheese, tomato, pickles, mustard, mayo and lettuce. This was really good and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Total for lunch came to $36.07 and other than DD's disappointing meal the rest was great.

After we'd eaten we drove back to Old Key west and checked with bell services if I luggage had arrived at the resort and it had, they said they would follow us right over with it, so we drove round to our room and waited for the cases and bags to be dropped off. After we'd unpacked the bits we would need for the rest of our time here we decided to spend an hour or so at the quiet pool on turtle pond road. The pool wasn't too busy and we were pleased to see a quick service counter to buy food and a refill station for the mugs.

After an hour in the pool we returned to our room to get changed and discuss our evening plans. We struggled to decide what/where we fancied for dinner this evening so ended up driving to Hollywood studios with the plan we would get something while we were there.

We got there about 5.30pm and had a look in Starbucks, they had loads of cakes but nothing savoury to have for dinner first. We made our way down Hollywood Boulevard and stopped off at Rosie's all American cafe where DH got the 1/3 Angus cheeseburger. This was a standard Disney burger but he enjoyed it.

I had a fried green tomato sandwich. I was fancying a sandwich and this was the closest thing I could find. It was fine, nothing special, probably wouldn't get it again. The choice here was pretty rubbish too.

Dd got a chicken nugget meal and this time was great value for money! She had loads of nuggets and fries and it came with a cookie and a chocolate milk. Our total for dinner was $30.01.

We had a fastpass for star tours so DH and Dd made their way over to use this. I sat on a wall close by and got myself a Mickey ice cream cookie sandwich, I absolutely love these, it seemed to melt really quickly though. A lot quicker than normal?!

When DH and Dd returned we went off to meet Olaf this was a lot of fun and we had planned to continue the character meets with Minnie and Mickey but the queue was upto 35 minutes by then so we gave it a miss. We walked over to the animation courtyard where Dd spent some time playing and posing for photos in the empty character meet areas. DH wanted another look in the Star Wars launch bay and after a look round and ruling out meeting BB8 due to the length of wait we walked over to toy story land for our fastpass for slinky dog. Dd absolutely loves this ride!

It was now time to make our way over to fantasmic. We had a fastpass for this so had a specific area to sit in. It has been 5 years since we last did this and I now remember why. It's not great other than the last 5 minutes. I imagine it will be another 5 years before we watch it again. Getting out at the end is also abit of a faff.
We slowly exited Hollywood studios and drove back to Old Key west, we had a chill in the room and out on the balcony before calling it a night.

ASMo, ASMu x4, SSR x2, BLT x 4, CSR, POLY, AKL x 4, BC x 4, BWV, CC, OKW
DVC MEMBER - BLT & SSR
missdopey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List