Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 14 Apr 19, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
sijen
Very Serious Dibber

sijen's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Originally Posted by Northerndave View Post
I see the attraction of ALDI, I was an early adopter over here, but I just can't bring myself to shop in one in the US. It would feel too like home. I love the American shopping experience too much.
I know exactly what you mean Dave ! I think we will do our first Walmart shop and then pop in to Aldi to have a look... need to save every penny or cent these days but I know where you are coming from - I get so excited going to Walmart - really need to get a life !
Old 14 Apr 19, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
discostu
slightly serious Dibber

In Bradenton the local neighbourhood Walmart is across the street from the Aldi so they price match. I know what your saying but for the basics milk bread crisps orange Juice its usually Aldi. the exciting trips are to Walmart supercentres or Target Lol
discostu is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 19, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Northerndave
Being a bit Goofy

Originally Posted by discostu View Post
In Bradenton the local neighbourhood Walmart is across the street from the Aldi so they price match. I know what your saying but for the basics milk bread crisps orange Juice its usually Aldi. the exciting trips are to Walmart supercentres or Target Lol
Stu, are these the ones on the intersection of SR70 and Lockwood Ridge Road? Do they price match on all they stock? I'm staying not too far from there and have noticed a lot more places on that road on Google maps compared to the last time I stayed in the area a few years ago.
Old 18 May 19, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Queen of Herts
Imagineer

Queen of Herts's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Thanks so much. I now have an Aldi stop planned straight from the airport enroute to Cabana Bay in October.
Queen of Herts is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 19, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
discostu
slightly serious Dibber

Stu, are these the ones on the intersection of SR70 and Lockwood Ridge Road? Do they price match on all they stock? I'm staying not too far from there and have noticed a lot more places on that road on Google maps compared to the last time I stayed in the area a few years ago.
I'm so sorry I didn't see this until now...hope you haven't gone and are back, yes that's the one its the Walmart Neighbourhood across the road NOT the Super Store a mile down the road. They match the basis milk bread some butter and juice or they did last year
discostu is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 19, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

This is what happens when GDP per capita is $20k more than ours.
Old 18 May 19, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Northerndave
Being a bit Goofy

Not been yet, thanks for getting back to me. Might have to try it and see as it's just round the corner from where I'm staying.
Old 18 May 19, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
discostu
slightly serious Dibber

Not been yet, thanks for getting back to me. Might have to try it and see as it's just round the corner from where I'm staying.
we have stayed in this general area for the last 10 or 15 years we have family in Ellenton so if you need any of our thoughts or experiences by all means ask or PM me... we even have a sort of secret parking place for the beach
Old 18 May 19, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Northerndave
Being a bit Goofy

Definitely will, stayed 5-6 times around this area, also 7-8 times in Sarasota, but must be 4 years or so since last staying in Bradenton and looks like lots have changed
Old 20 May 19, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
bootsie
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Here now and we can't believe the price of EVERYTHING! Such an increase from our trip in 2015 and as you say the exchange rate makes it more painful. I wish I had realised and we could have economised on the package instead!
bootsie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List