Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 10 Apr 19, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Miss_Shell
Imagineer

Mobile Peacock Suites Anaheim

Hi everyone,
We booked to go back to California next year and part of our stay on split with Disneyland. We have booked Peacock Suites, has anyone been before?

Thanks
Orlando & Bahamas 1992 - Orlando 1998 - Orlando 1999 - Orlando 2000 - Polynesian Resort - Orlando 2000 - Orlando 2001 - Orlando 2003 - Kissimmee Villa - Orlando 2005 - Christmas - Orlando 2010 - Orlando 2011 - Port Orleans Riverside - Orlando 2012 - Disney Coronado Springs - HHN - Orlando & Hollywood 2014 - Orlando 2016- Disney's Coronado Springs and Universal's Cabana Bay Honeymoon 2017 - Disney's Port Orleans Riverside
Miss_Shell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 19, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Hi, yes we stayed here for six nights in November 2017. Did you want to ask anything in particular?
Old 12 Apr 19, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
harbers
a Friend of the DIBB

Hi there,
Hope you don’t mind me coming on this
We too are booked there as a timeshare swop this August
What’s it like
Is it walkable to the parks we are 2 adults and 2 dad aged 13/17
Where best to get breakfast nearby
If you went into la from there how long did it take
Any other useful bits of info would be appreciated
Thx
harbers is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 19, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Miss_Shell
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
Hi, yes we stayed here for six nights in November 2017. Did you want to ask anything in particular?
Just want to know how you found it? We haven't booked via timeshare swap so don't need to worry about that. Are the parks in a walkable distance?
Orlando & Bahamas 1992 - Orlando 1998 - Orlando 1999 - Orlando 2000 - Polynesian Resort - Orlando 2000 - Orlando 2001 - Orlando 2003 - Kissimmee Villa - Orlando 2005 - Christmas - Orlando 2010 - Orlando 2011 - Port Orleans Riverside - Orlando 2012 - Disney Coronado Springs - HHN - Orlando & Hollywood 2014 - Orlando 2016- Disney's Coronado Springs and Universal's Cabana Bay Honeymoon 2017 - Disney's Port Orleans Riverside
Miss_Shell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 19, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by harbers View Post
Hi there,
Hope you don’t mind me coming on this
We too are booked there as a timeshare swop this August
What’s it like
Is it walkable to the parks we are 2 adults and 2 dad aged 13/17
Where best to get breakfast nearby
If you went into la from there how long did it take
Any other useful bits of info would be appreciated
Thx
La is 35 miles away but it can easily take 2 hrs each way due to traffic

Anaheim is a good base for Disney , knotts berry and maybe beaches like Huntingdon Beach and long beach but it’s no good as a base for other LA areas .

Opposite Disneyland are the likes of Denny’s , ihop , McDonald’s
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 19, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Hi I will try and answer all your questions.

We ended up there because we booked quite late, and there were events on which pushed all the prices up so we choose Peacock Suites because it looked good enough for the price we wanted to pay (£80/night, all the closer to DL hotels even the cheaper ones were double that).

The staff were without exception lovely, friendly, helpful.

We had to valet park the car but it was quite cheap (I can’t recall how much) and the service was fast and friendly.

There is a pool, covered, but we didn’t use it.

The location is definitely walkable to the parks, and we did it most days. It’s about a mile, completely flat, very safe. Also the ART has a stop at the hotel which we used a few times as we were to and froing a lot and were trying to preserve our feet (we had three races consecutively).

The room we had was a bit strange! Not bad just strange.

It was very clean and tidy and the decor was fine. I found the layout a bit strange (but could just be me). There was a small area which was the living / dining area with a sofa which I think may have converted to a bed (not sure).

Then the bedroom, not massive, was on the other side with the bathroom in the middle.

For us we would have preferred one big room as having two made both feel a little small BUT this is just a very minor gripe.

I would stay again, if I couldn’t find an option in my price point closer. But for the same price I’d pick one of the hotels closer (and forgo the suite). But if I was travelling with my kids the suite would probably be preferable!

For breakfast we tended to walk towards Disneyland where there are all the usual suspects close by - Denny’s etc. There is a outdoor mall / dining place (Garden Grove? Not sure) where there is a Cheesecake Factory etc. That’s about halfway between Peacock Suites and DL so we ate there a few times!

Happy to help with anything else?
Old 13 Apr 19, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Apologies, it’s Garden Walk not Garden Grove!
Old 13 Apr 19, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
harbers
a Friend of the DIBB

Thanks Karen great info
harbers is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 19, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Miss_Shell
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
Hi I will try and answer all your questions.

We ended up there because we booked quite late, and there were events on which pushed all the prices up so we choose Peacock Suites because it looked good enough for the price we wanted to pay (£80/night, all the closer to DL hotels even the cheaper ones were double that).

The staff were without exception lovely, friendly, helpful.

We had to valet park the car but it was quite cheap (I can’t recall how much) and the service was fast and friendly.

There is a pool, covered, but we didn’t use it.

The location is definitely walkable to the parks, and we did it most days. It’s about a mile, completely flat, very safe. Also the ART has a stop at the hotel which we used a few times as we were to and froing a lot and were trying to preserve our feet (we had three races consecutively).

The room we had was a bit strange! Not bad just strange.

It was very clean and tidy and the decor was fine. I found the layout a bit strange (but could just be me). There was a small area which was the living / dining area with a sofa which I think may have converted to a bed (not sure).

Then the bedroom, not massive, was on the other side with the bathroom in the middle.

For us we would have preferred one big room as having two made both feel a little small BUT this is just a very minor gripe.

I would stay again, if I couldn’t find an option in my price point closer. But for the same price I’d pick one of the hotels closer (and forgo the suite). But if I was travelling with my kids the suite would probably be preferable!

For breakfast we tended to walk towards Disneyland where there are all the usual suspects close by - Denny’s etc. There is a outdoor mall / dining place (Garden Grove? Not sure) where there is a Cheesecake Factory etc. That’s about halfway between Peacock Suites and DL so we ate there a few times!

Happy to help with anything else?
This is brilliant, thank you so much for taking the time to reply
Old 15 Apr 19, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

You’re welcome and I hope you have an amazing time!